EXNET taxi Mobile App:Uber like service in PP

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: EXNET taxi Mobile App:Uber like service in PP

Post by timmydownawell »

Poor UT got taken for a ride in more ways than one.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

gn0s1s wrote:To clarify, the procedure should be something like:
  1. Drop your pin on the map where you're going to be picked up (don't always rely on GPS for this as it isn't always accurate right away).
  2. Enter in any special notes the driver could use (St. & House number always help).
  3. Enter in destination (optional) or be prepared to tell the driver where to go.
  4. Make sure the app only registers "on a ride" once you actually start on your ride.
  5. When you reach your destination, insist that the driver finish the ride on the app and insist that he confirms the total.
  6. On your app, select "Pay with Cash" and pay only what has appeared on the app.
  7. Rate the ride.
  8. If anything feels fishy or you've had a bad experience (I had GPS errors on a cloudy day add about $2 to one of my trips), report it right away to Exnet on Facebook.
Excellent info. Thanks for that :thumb:
gn0s1s wrote:According to the CS guys on Facebook, the driver is supposed to have a mount where his phone can be visible to the customer as the fare is tallying up. But as is common here (if not everywhere), not everyone does what they are supposed to.
On a trip to Oz a couple of years ago I noticed the taxis had these. They also showed the driver the best route to take to get to the destination.
gn0s1s wrote:When the General said there is no meter, I think he was referring to a physical meter.
This guy had a physical meter. Very old style looking. Green LCD display.
gn0s1s
Tourist

Post by gn0s1s »

Username Taken wrote:This guy had a physical meter. Very old style looking. Green LCD display.
That's quite common as many of the Exnet guys are moonlighting (or sunlighting) from their regular jobs at other companies. Just ignore the physical meter and object if they try to charge you based on it. Best thing to do actually might be to threaten to walk if they start it at all...
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Thanks again for you insight on this gn0s1s.

I will update tomorrow on proceedings.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

OOPS! Forgot to update.

Reported the driver to exnet, but by then he had already been reported and suspended. He didn't get fired. He will receive training.
Exnet refunded the excess charge of 14,000 riel. So, the correct price was as quoted when we booked the cab, 19,000 riel.

Thank you Exnet.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: EXNET taxi Mobile App:Uber like service in PP

Post by General Mackevili »

Username Taken wrote:OOPS! Forgot to update.

Reported the driver to exnet, but by then he had already been reported and suspended. He didn't get fired. He will receive training.
Exnet refunded the excess charge of 14,000 riel. So, the correct price was as quoted when we booked the cab, 19,000 riel.

Thank you Exnet.
They have to murder 2 or more customers before they consider firing them.

Uber's testing "self driving", cars in California right now.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news ... /95534976/
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
andrewboo
Tourist

EXNET taxi Mobile App:Uber like service in PP

Post by andrewboo »

ExNET, i'm not trying yet.
PassApp, review the price is Expensive. Classic Car from 6,000 riel onward. Only Rickshaw from 3,000-4,000 riel onward.

Choice Taxi, not recommend. I got two times experiences by the apps with GPS, even driver give a call and follow map, they still cannot find the place. After wait more than 10 minutes, driver call back to cancelled the booking. It was wasted my time and explain where the location of the destination. This is suck service. Beside, normal phone calling, sometime driver will give you many times of 10 minutes arrive answer, and I got one time terrible that 45 minutes only get their taxi arrived.

If anyone try any good driver taxi in town, pls keep their contact as well for future use instead of you will get angry of their local service provided.
ReasonstobefearfulP3
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by ReasonstobefearfulP3 »

andrewboo wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:05 am ExNET, i'm not trying yet.
PassApp, review the price is Expensive. Classic Car from 6,000 riel onward. Only Rickshaw from 3,000-4,000 riel onward.

Choice Taxi, not recommend. I got two times experiences by the apps with GPS, even driver give a call and follow map, they still cannot find the place. After wait more than 10 minutes, driver call back to cancelled the booking. It was wasted my time and explain where the location of the destination. This is suck service. Beside, normal phone calling, sometime driver will give you many times of 10 minutes arrive answer, and I got one time terrible that 45 minutes only get their taxi arrived.

If anyone try any good driver taxi in town, pls keep their contact as well for future use instead of you will get angry of their local service provided.
ExNet and Pass App are exactly the same app. (although the flag down fee is 1000 more for PassApp)
Itsumo works quite well, although the price is similar to Exnet (which I do not feel is in anyway expensive)
Obviously though, the best Uber like app in Phnom Penh is Uber, pretty cheap at the moment (if not on the free promotion) cars turn up on time, drop you off where you want. Sometimes the stated time on the app is a lot lower than reality but if you don't mind waiting it is fine.

All of the apps above are still better than the bartering and still over paying for a Tuk-Tuk

4km trip with 10 minute waiting time comes to:
PassApp ៛12,000
ExNet ៛11,000
Uber ៛12,400
iTsumo ៛10,980

Doesn't take into account coverage or route taken but all within ៛1,500 or each other
I doubt same distance (Central to Russian market) would be cheaper than $3 in a tuk-tuk
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by cannabistourist »

hello, any update, still using it from PP airport ? How much is it ? Thanks.
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

I used a Grab car from the airport to Riverside recently and it came to $8, traffic was busy but not gridlocked. I called it from the terminal, the driver came to meet me and then led me to his car which was outside on the road. Offered to carry my bag, great car, great service.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic