Sihanoukville: Victory Hill has changed. Photos.

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Sihanoukville: Victory Hill has changed. Photos.

Post by Anchor Moy »

I found a few Sihanoukville photos that were taken this year mostly. Even sleepy Vic Hill has changed a lot these past few years. Just thought I'd post these for those who haven't been there for a while. Nothing startling, but if anyone has some old photos to compare that would be great. You have to bear in mind that these roads were dirt/stone tracks not so long ago. They even have built-in drains on the sides of the roads - yes, I know this is "normal" practice, but this is Vic Hill, SV.
This is Restaurant St looking toward Romdoul. Too many damn cars now.
Same street in the other direction. Only 1 Russian lady in this photo but they are abundant.
The corner.
Bar St or whatever it's called. It will never be the same as when the bargirls and the ladyboys used to totter along here drunk on a stony and often muddy road in 6" high-heeled shoes.
And this is my favorite because it used to be such a shitty track down the hill to Sakal and Victory Beach.
I guess it's better, but it's amazing how a few strips of concrete can change a place.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Sihanoukville: Victory Hill has changed. Photos.

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i posted some pics on here last year of when they was concreting the road before, during and after shots
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:i posted some pics on here last year of when they was concreting the road before, during and after shots
Put them up here . I'll see if I can find some oldies. :thumb:
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

The end of $5 rooms? Some of the places there have amazing views, and some cute chicks too.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

It sure has changed. The street is paved!
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

are these all broken images to everyone? or just my laptop? ill have to have a dig through my laptop to find them again
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:It sure has changed. The street is paved!

agreed;
thats all that has changed. its still the end of the road for many
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Post by mammothboy2 »

It is a matter of joy to see that the Mealy Chenda guesthouse is still in business after all these years.

An immense post-nuclear-holocaust gecko - probably dead long ago - skulked behind a stereo speaker on the
restaurant wall and would dart out and gobble up smaller geckoes.

A little British girl squealed, "Look! It's coming out to play with the little ones!" and was greatly dismayed and tearful
to behold the monster devour one of its smaller kin.

The sunset from the big terrace is a delight; a stay at the Mealy Chenda is to be recommended unhesitatingly.

At the end of the 1990s the short street at the top of the hill had several marijuana-friendly ramshackle little bars / hangouts. As of three
years ago these had been swept away to make way for hangouts with aggressive tarts who would dart out at dusk two at a time and seize unaccompanied
males.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Talking of old pictures, here is a picture of Serendipity Beach Road that leads down to the Pier, when it was still a dirt track...
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:Talking of old pictures, here is a picture of Serendipity Beach Road that leads down to the Pier, when it was still a dirt track...
Damn, shld hv been here back then to do some land grabbing shitz
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic