I Lost a $1 Bet with a Girl at Tokyo Barbershop

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

I Lost a $1 Bet with a Girl at Tokyo Barbershop

Post by General Mackevili »

Fucking Rubik's Cube.

Was getting a haircut and some chick working there was fumbling around with a Rubik's cube and I asked her if she could solve it. Didn't look like she even knew what she was supposed to do with it. She swore she could. I didn't believe her. She said she'd finished them within a minute and a half before.

I'm sure some of you can do it, but I've NEVER been able to complete one. 2 steps forward, 1 back, or worse. Can't even get close.

Anywho, I bet her a dollar she couldn't do it within 2 minutes. She let me scramble it up and I was sure I'd already won this bet.

I lost.

Come on guys, I wouldn't have taken her dollar if I had won, but was sure I wouldn't be paying out.

Can you guess which brainiac got my loot?

And in case you were wondering like I was, the world record for solving these damn things is LESS than 5 seconds. I probably couldn't even scramble one that quickly.

Also, if you want to have the most terrifying experience of your life, get your ears cleaned there. It was all fun and games until some cute chick who looks like she might struggle to open a safety pin comes out with a bunch of long, metal tools that she ends up shoving down your ears. Far enough down that hear and feel them coming in contact with your eardrum. Sounds like when someone slides a microphone across the floor or something.

I am not joking. I was waiting for her to puncture my ear drum the whole time. Almost decided to call it quits every few minutes. It was horrifying. I'll probably need a Xanax to get my mind off it so that I can sleep tonight.

Tokyo Barbershop is in Phnom Penh, open every day except from 9am-9pm, except on Tuesday, when they're closed.

No. 22A Street 278, BKK1, Phnom Penh 12302
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: I Lost a $1 Bet with a Girl at Tokyo Barbershop

Post by John Bingham »

General Mackevili wrote:

Also, if you want to have the most terrifying experience of your life, get your ears cleaned there. It was all fun and games until some cute chick who looks like she might struggle to open a safety pin comes out with a bunch of long, metal tools that she ends up shoving down your ears. Far enough down that hear and feel them coming in contact with your eardrum. Sounds like when someone slides a microphone across the floor or something.

I am not joking. I was waiting for her to puncture my ear drum the whole time. Almost decided to call it quits every few minutes. It was horrifying. I'll probably need a Xanax to get my mind off it so that I can sleep tonight.
Barbers sometimes do that stuff, but in some places there are these wandering dudes who just clean ears. This guy in Durban Square (Kathmandu) managed to entice me into getting my ears cleaned. He's digging around with some metal thing then he puts a wick in your ears and sets it alight to melt out the wax etc. The price has been agreed already. But then a gigantic ball of gross ear-wax magically appears in his hand, which obviously came from your ear, and the price suddenly goes up ten-fold. Fuck those guys, I'll clean my own ears from now on.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Rubics cubes are easy once you get the hang of them. My brother can solve them easily as well. He had one with three rows, 4 and even 5 rows. I got my ears cleaned out once and that was enough. Not pleasant at all imo, and quite dangerous.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

I looked at an apartment above that place a couple of weeks ago.

I have seen those guys offering ear cleaning in the street in India as well, and I think I was tormented enough as a child with my Mum poking in there let alone allowing some random guy in the street do it.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

General Mackevili wrote:Fucking Rubik's Cube.

Can you guess which brainiac got my loot?
Awful lot of red lipstick in that shop. LOL

My guess is the well endowed girl on the far right. Yes, going against type. LOL

For ear cleaning, go to an ear doctor with the right equipment, which includes tiny wire video camera. No wanderer off the street or barber shop hottie is going to stick metal in my ears.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

General Mackevili wrote:Can you guess which brainiac got my loot?
The one on the left with the raised eye-brow. :tard:
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

well endowed barbers, thanks for the tip GM :D, i loved having my ears cleaned but just hv to make sure they sterilised the equipment
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

The guys on the other hand. :facepalm:
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Having one's hears done in a local barber shop separate the integrated expats from the pussies wannabies. Just saying.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Barang_doa_slae wrote:Having one's hears done in a local barber shop separate the integrated expats from the pussies wannabies. Just saying.
Well, aren't you superior?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic