Fuck Europe!!

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Fuck Europe!!

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

So everyone in the UK voted to shove a big middle finger to the EU apparently, havent really been following it much myself but from what ive seen its probs not the wisest move, think some of my family will lose their jobs, but its power of the people, trump for next president then, fuck europe, fuck the usa, fuck europe hip hip horray, im still drunk :hattip:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
table42
Expatriate

Re: Fuck Europe!!

Post by table42 »

Enivrez-vous, mais de quoi? De vin, de poesie, de vertue? Enivrez-vous! Baudelaire

C'est a dire Il fait aller a l'extreme.
I try not to let my mouth say nothin my mind can't stand. Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong. Or

I know nothing, I see nothing, in fact I'm not here right now.
Romanian source debriefed in West Berlin
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

table42 wrote:Enivrez-vous, mais de quoi? De vin, de poesie, de vertue? Enivrez-vous! Baudelaire

C'est a dire Il fait aller a l'extreme.
yeah for sure mate :thumb: ribbit
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Not necessarily,

What the media failed to mention was this still has to go through parliament. The vote means jack shit and parliament can still decide to ignore it and stay in the EU.

How the people would react to this is another story, however its not done and dusted yet, far from it.....
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Welcome to the world after Brexit: Here's what happens next

A majority of British voters said Thursday that the United Kingdom should leave the European Union. Global markets are moving wildly, and currencies are making big moves, but the actually political process will be much, much slower.

First — technically speaking — the referendum is not legally binding. In theory, British Prime Minister David Cameron could ignore the will of a slight majority of voters, and not make any moves to exit the political and economic bloc.

But that is highly unlikely. Assuming Cameron respects the democratic process, he will invoke Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty, which begins the formal, legal process for leaving the EU.

That would then begin a series of negotiations for how to disentangle the U.K. from the many EU structures to which it is a party, and could take up to 2 years (or more if both the U.K. and the European Council agree to extend the discussion period).

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/23/welcome- ... yptr=yahoo
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

I think the driving factor in this all is immigration, which is I suspect is also the major element of Trump's popularity.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

fuck the EU i think we should go all empire and shit and take over again!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

first you have to have a large ruthless military and the money to wield the force.
also enormous numbers defenseless natives to enslave.
isn't that how empires work?

plus, in the petroleum age, it does not matter that you are upwind of them anymore.

i predict all this stuff will exacerbate the economic decline we have been seeing since the GFC.
I also think Trump will get in, and the general isolationist sentiment will lead to erection of trade barriers with a consequent severe and prolonged depression.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

frank lee bent wrote: i predict all this stuff will exacerbate the economic decline we have been seeing since the GFC.
I also think Trump will get in, and the general isolationist sentiment will lead to erection of trade barriers with a consequent severe and prolonged depression.
^ this
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

Someone put out a brexit brekkie breakfast, with extra beans and black pudding for tomorrow, surely there will be celebrations going on.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic