Zika Virus is in Thailand.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Zika Virus is in Thailand.

Post by sigmoid »

But farang aren't citizens. That's the whole point of being a farang...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Ministry Launches Zika Awareness Campaign

by Chhorn Phearun | September 15, 2016

Health officials are touring the provinces in a fleet of vehicles plastered with warnings and mounted with loudspeakers to raise awareness about the Zika virus and share strategies to prevent its outbreak, the Health Ministry said on Wednesday.

Zika, a mosquito-borne and sexually transmitted disease that has caused birth defects across Latin America, has been detected in growing numbers of people in Southeast Asia over the past month. More than 500 cases have been recorded across Singapore and Thailand this year, according to local media reports, as well as at least 40 cases in Malaysia and three in Vietnam.

full-story......https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/mini ... gn-118025/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Source reduction. Empty standing water, fish in jars & pools, drill tires, especially tires. Take a look around your house. Source reduction is free.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Luigi wrote:Source reduction. Empty standing water, fish in jars & pools, drill tires, especially tires. Take a look around your house. Source reduction is free.
Yes, but you forgot about the sexually transmitted diseases.

Just remember, 'abstinence makes the heart grow fonder'. [something like that, i think] :popcorn:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Username Taken wrote:
Luigi wrote:Source reduction. Empty standing water, fish in jars & pools, drill tires, especially tires. Take a look around your house. Source reduction is free.

Just remember, 'abstinence makes the heart grow fonder'. [something like that, i think] :popcorn:
But what a bummer to give up sex... only to find that you've been bitten by a bloody mosquito. :BangHead:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^ Yes, but, those tiny little insects could save us when the martians invade. (I've seen it on tv!)
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Anchor Moy wrote:
Username Taken wrote:

But what a bummer to give up sex... only to find that you've been bitten by a bloody mosquito. :BangHead:
Of all the STD's in the world Zika I would not give worry. :sign17:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Luigi wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:
Username Taken wrote:

Of all the STD's in the world Zika I would not give worry. :sign17:
The serious worry is if you want to have kids, or if you or your lady are pregnant. However, it is not known if the "Asian or old" zika virus produces the same birth defects as the Latin American variant.
Caution advised, watch out for the mozzies and practice birth control just in case.
Singapore said on Thursday it did not know if the Zika virus detected in the country could cause the same birth defects and other disorders linked to an outbreak in Latin America.

A DNA analysis of the mosquito-borne virus, which has infected almost 300 people in Singapore, including two pregnant women, revealed slight differences between the strains but it was not clear what that meant in terms of the severity of the disease, the health ministry said...

"Researchers do not yet know if the 'old' lineage of Zika also causes complications such as microcephaly and neurological disorders," the spokeswoman said.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-healt ... SKCN11E0O9
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE 2-Thailand confirms two cases of Zika-linked microcephaly, first in region
By Aukkarapon Niyomyat

Thailand confirmed on Friday that the Zika virus had caused two cases of microcephaly, a condition that results in babies being born with small heads, the first time it has been linked to Zika in Southeast Asia.

The confirmation came a day after U.S. health officials recommended that pregnant women postpone nonessential travel to 11 Southeast Asian countries, including Thailand, because of the risk of mosquito-borne Zika.
http://www.reuters.com/article/health-z ... SL3N1C62AB
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic