Law on Foreigner Property Ownership Implemented - June 2016

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
IPS Cambodia
Tourist

Law on Foreigner Property Ownership Implemented - June 2016

Post by IPS Cambodia »

A directive from the Ministry of Land Management, Urban Planning and Construction on June 13th 2016 is now fully implemented for foreigner property ownership.

Khan Daun Penh officials announced that as of June 13th 2016, the Sangkats will no longer transfer soft titled property into a foreigner’s name – essentially they are now enforcing a law that has always been in existence but previously allowed individual Sangkat’s to enforce it at their discretion.

Be informed and read all about it here : http://tinyurl.com/j4eqvpc

Let us know what you think. Contact us :

[email protected] or call us at 077-959-861
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: Law on Foreigner Property Ownership Implemented - June 2016

Post by bolueeleh »

good for you, more business for you
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

It might be good and bad, but I guess good thing for local who can't afford to buy any land yet while it is increasing everyday.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

prahkeitouj wrote:It might be good and bad, but I guess good thing for local who can't afford to buy any land yet while it is increasing everyday.
why good? you dont want to be able to work and save money and buy a land in the future?
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

bolueeleh wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:It might be good and bad, but I guess good thing for local who can't afford to buy any land yet while it is increasing everyday.
why good? you dont want to be able to work and save money and buy a land in the future?
Why not? I think good for locals:
1. They will have more jobs
2.most foreigners are paid better than us. They might save money much more than us. But When foriegners are difficult to buy land, the price of land or house will be decreased because not many foreigners could buy it. so it might be better for us.
table42
Expatriate

Post by table42 »

Little salary,first why will locals have more work if foreigners don't or can't buy real estate? And then do you really think that the price of houses and land will decrease so much that middle class Cambodians will be able to afford them? How large is the middle class anyway?

Sorry, but I think only wealthy Khmer will be able to afford them and there will be a lot of empty new homes.
I try not to let my mouth say nothin my mind can't stand. Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong. Or

I know nothing, I see nothing, in fact I'm not here right now.
Romanian source debriefed in West Berlin
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

prahkeitouj wrote:
bolueeleh wrote:
2.most foreigners are paid better than us. They might save money much more than us. But When foriegners are difficult to buy land, the price of land or house will be decreased because not many foreigners could buy it. so it might be better for us.
But why can't a foreigner who has solid connections to Cambodia, say a family, and will be living here a long time, if not forever buy land?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

kiwiincambodia wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:
bolueeleh wrote:
But why can't a foreigner who has solid connections to Cambodia, say a family, and will be living here a long time, if not forever buy land?[/quote]

You can. Just put it in the families name and do a 30 year lease back to yourself. Even a loan agreement for the money to buy it if you want. But if you are so convinced they are your ''family '' there would be no need for that anyway.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: RE: Re: Law on Foreigner Property Ownership Implemented - June 2016

Post by prahkeitouj »

table42 wrote:Little salary,first why will locals have more work if foreigners don't or can't buy real estate? And then do you really think that the price of houses and land will decrease so much that middle class Cambodians will be able to afford them? How large is the middle class anyway?

Sorry, but I think only wealthy Khmer will be able to afford them and there will be a lot of empty new homes.
Still some foreigners buy real estate and need lawyers,right?
I'm sure that middle class locals can afford to buy houses or land if it is decreased.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic