Kampot - costs of living

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Kampot - costs of living

Post by canucklhead »

Ya! No one has ever thought of that!
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

Kampot appears to have low rental costs. I met someone who's built on land really cheaply too he obviously is married to a Khmer, etc.

It seems that you can live cheaply BUT the place gets damned boring real quick and I didn't find the kind of expats there particularly interesting or sociable. If you like a simple life Kampot may seem a good choice but wether it will also be soon ruined by the Chinese is another question.

If you choose Latin America there are better and friendlier countries than Ecuador.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

shnoukieBRO wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:08 am Kampot appears to have low rental costs. I met someone who's built on land really cheaply too he obviously is married to a Khmer, etc.

It seems that you can live cheaply BUT the place gets damned boring real quick and I didn't find the kind of expats there particularly interesting or sociable. If you like a simple life Kampot may seem a good choice but wether it will also be soon ruined by the Chinese is another question.

If you choose Latin America there are better and friendlier countries than Ecuador.
Only boring people get bored
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by cannabistourist »

shnoukieBRO wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:08 am Kampot appears to have low rental costs. I met someone who's built on land really cheaply too he obviously is married to a Khmer, etc.

I do not understand why people need other people to live ? Being alone and quiet is a chance !!!
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

cannabistourist wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:44 am

I do not understand why people need other people to live ? Being alone and quiet is a chance !!!

It's nice to have a choice. And some people come from large families where there were always people around. Some are extrovert. Other people are introvert. What's not to understand? Different strokes for different folks. There is not one way.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic