America is fucked

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
KampotBound
Expatriate

Re: America is fucked

Post by KampotBound »

frank lee bent wrote:ZING
Federal rap to advocate violent overthrow of an elected government.
A type of treason If i am not mistaken.
I think the feds take it pretty seriously.
And Trump would be the first to prosecute for such behavior. Frank, you're correct, afaik, it is treasonous to call for physical aggression against the government and felonious against private citizens or entities, the first amendment has limits.

Can't yell fire in a crowded theater and you cannot attempt to incite a physical riot aimed at harming people- that's how they can clear the streets during "riots" like those in the suburbs of St. Louis, MO. Otherwise, first and 14th amendment violations would be cited.

I'm not getting into a debate on who would continue to lead the US in it's mortal decline. But, facts and words do matter.

Money. Those with it win. Those without loose. Power is relevant, and not always to money.
KampotBound
Expatriate

Post by KampotBound »

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or
teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of
overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or
the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession
thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by
force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any
such government; or
Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any
such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates,
sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed
matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity,
desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any
government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts
to do so; or
Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society,
group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the
overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or
violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any
such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes
thereof -
Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than
twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by
the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five
years next following his conviction.
If two or more persons conspire to commit any offense named in
this section, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned
not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for
employment by the United States or any department or agency
thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.
As used in this section, the terms "organizes" and "organize",
with respect to any society, group, or assembly of persons, include
the recruiting of new members, the forming of new units, and the
regrouping or expansion of existing clubs, classes, and other units
of such society, group, or assembly of persons.

AMENDMENTS
1994 - Pub. L. 103-322 substituted "fined under this title" for
"fined not more than $20,000" in fourth and fifth pars.
1962 - Pub. L. 87-486 defined the terms "organizes" and
"organize".
1956 - Act July 24, 1956, substituted "$20,000" for "$10,000",
and "twenty years" for "ten years" in the paragraph prescribing
penalties applicable to advocating overthrow of government and
inserted provisions relating to conspiracy to commit any offense
named in this section.

EFFECTIVE DATE OF 1956 AMENDMENT
Amendment by act July 24, 1956, as applicable only with respect
to offenses committed on and after July 24, 1956, see section 3 of
act July 24, 1956, set out as a note under section 2384 of this
title.

Source(s):
http://law.onecle.com/uscode/18/2385.html
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Table: I have advocated a revolution in America for years, all be it an armed one or a peaceful takeover. (Check the Declaration of Independence.) America has trained a lot of soldiers/sailors that are now Vets and a bunch of us are pissed off. Some active US soldiers would fire on fellow Americans, but a lot will not. A bunch of US soldiers both gunts and generals have left the military because of Obama-Iben-Lying.

Richard: Yes, I left America as I am a coward and wish to stay alive. Corrupt police tried to kill me twice. They use to idle their cars in my driveway. (I sued 10 of them in federal court) The number one criminal defense attorney in the Pacific Northwest of America told me a cop car could/would pull up behind me, pull me over and I would disappear. I will leave Cambodia the day that the America people start to resist the corrupt elitists that now run America, be that armed resistance or a peaceful takeover, or if Trump gets elected I may give him a year or so before I could migrate back to my home if he makes good on his promises.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

frank lee bent wrote:mahatma gandhi's troops defeated the greatest military on earth without firing a shot
No bullets left to shoot them with. Pretty sure that's not the case with the US government.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Sailorman wrote, " if he makes good on his promises.''

This is not a test!

Please name one politician of any country, of any age, period, time, span, stage or eon that has kept an nth their campaign promises. Just one.
Sure you will get 2 bit tokens of appeasement. But broad sweeping changes to the status quo? NOT A CHANCE!
This a not a bash on DT.
It's a statement IMO of fact on the politics of the world. Do you really think anyone running for a political office has the slightest intention of committing an altruistic act? Not a chance.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Declaration of Independence July 4th. 1776 Philadelphia,Pennsylvania USA

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are … endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights…. That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men…. That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. … Mankind are more disposed to suffer, while Evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the Forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long Train of Abuses and Usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a Design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their Right, it is their Duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Was much more a cohesive force. Not todays American.

Texas threatens of succession now & again but nothing ever happens. Need FEMA. All states are on the federal tit.

As long as the average Jack & Jill American majority have their beer & snacks, then whats the beef. However the J&J ideal is growing smaller by the day.

Meet the new bosses, worse than the old bosses. thumbdown
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

key west tried to leave :thumb:
Mayor Wardlow climbed on the back of a flatbed truck in Mallory Square and delivered the Proclamation of Secession, naming himself Prime Minister of the new Conch Republic. He then declared war on the United States, symbolically marking the start of the rebellion by breaking a loaf of stale Cuban bread over the head of a man dressed in a U.S. Navy uniform. One minute later the Prime Minister surrendered to the Admiral in charge of the Navy Base at Key West and demanded one billion dollars in foreign aid and war relief to ‘rebuild the republic after the long Federal siege.’
Other than immediately removing the roadblock, the U.S. government ignored the secession. But Conchers continued to fly the Conch Republic flag beneath the U.S. flag and even issued official passports. Over the years, Keys officials have successfully used the Conch Republic passports to travel to 13 Caribbean nations as well as Germany, Sweden, Havana, Mexico, France, Spain, Ireland, and Russia!
Long live the Conch Republic :beer3: :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Joshua Abraham Norton (c.1818[2] – January 8, 1880), known as Emperor Norton, was a citizen of San Francisco, California who in 1859 proclaimed himself "Norton I, Emperor of the United States"[3] and subsequently "Protector of Mexico".[4]

Born in England, Norton spent most of his early life in South Africa. After the death of his mother in 1846 and his father in 1848, he emigrated to San Francisco with an inheritance from his father's estate, arriving in November 1849 aboard the Hamburg ship Franzeska with $40,000 (inflation adjusted to $1.1 million in 2015 US Dollars).[5] Norton initially made a living as a businessman, but he lost his fortune investing in Peruvian rice.[6]

After losing a lawsuit in which he tried to void his rice contract, Norton became a less and less public figure. He reemerged in September 1859, laying claim to the position of Emperor of the United States.[7] Although he had no political power, and his influence extended only so far as he was humored by those around him, he was treated deferentially in San Francisco, and currency issued in his name was honored in the establishments he frequented.

Though some considered him insane or eccentric,[8] citizens of San Francisco celebrated his regal presence and his proclamations, such as his order that the United States Congress be dissolved by force and his numerous decrees calling for a bridge crossing connecting San Francisco to Oakland, and a corresponding tunnel to be built under San Francisco Bay. Similar structures were built long after his death in the form of the San Francisco–Oakland Bay Bridge and the Transbay Tube,[9] and there have been campaigns to rename the bridge "The Emperor Norton Bridge".

On January 8, 1880, Norton collapsed at the corner of California and Dupont (now Grant) streets and died before he could be given medical treatment. At his funeral two days later, nearly 30,000 people packed the streets of San Francisco to pay homage.[10] Norton has been immortalized as the basis of characters in the literature of writers Mark Twain, Robert Louis Stevenson, Christopher Moore, Maurice De Bevere, Selma Lagerlöf, and Neil Gaiman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Norton
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

phuketrichard wrote:key west tried to leave :thumb:
Mayor Wardlow climbed on the back of a flatbed truck in Mallory Square and delivered the Proclamation of Secession, naming himself Prime Minister of the new Conch Republic. He then declared war on the United States, symbolically marking the start of the rebellion by breaking a loaf of stale Cuban bread over the head of a man dressed in a U.S. Navy uniform. One minute later the Prime Minister surrendered to the Admiral in charge of the Navy Base at Key West and demanded one billion dollars in foreign aid and war relief to ‘rebuild the republic after the long Federal siege.’
Other than immediately removing the roadblock, the U.S. government ignored the secession. But Conchers continued to fly the Conch Republic flag beneath the U.S. flag and even issued official passports. Over the years, Keys officials have successfully used the Conch Republic passports to travel to 13 Caribbean nations as well as Germany, Sweden, Havana, Mexico, France, Spain, Ireland, and Russia!
Long live the Conch Republic :beer3: :beer3:
Still have my Conh Republic passport. Unfortunately, for me, Cayo Hueso is turned into commercial crapville. Even Stock Island is now gentrified.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

God this thread has got boring if youre not an Yank lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic