America is fucked

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
table42
Expatriate

Re: America is fucked

Post by table42 »

All that is true Frank, however I doubt that his battle threats are indictable, I'm no lawyer so I don't know. By cloaking himself in the time worn rhetoric of the American Revolution he tries to further his fantasy. Hell he even borrowed Churchill's "blood, sweat and tears.

The point I'm making in the post above is the unreality of the situation he envisions. No amount of privately owned arsenals would be sufficient to engage the US military. Oh and our revolution was against a foreign occupation, not a domestic government. If he and others want to wave the tattered flag of the past fine. But to even hint at a domestic overthrow of an elected world power government may or may not be treasonous, but it certainly is impractical and ludicrous.
I try not to let my mouth say nothin my mind can't stand. Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong. Or

I know nothing, I see nothing, in fact I'm not here right now.
Romanian source debriefed in West Berlin
steelyRon
Expatriate

Post by steelyRon »

Well Sailorman you've been calling for a revolution in case Hillary wins the election. So, as a former military man I think you know the odds of success are less than slim. If you wage war against the US govt. you will have to defeat their military. You will be the new *minutemen" for sure because that is how long you will last.

I for one, am not convinced that a revolution in the US would mean that you would need to defeat the military. In fact, most military and veterans of the military despise Obama, Billary and their crew. And if the military were to go against a revolutionary force, it would be anything but a sure thing that they would prevail. If the politicians ran the war, my bet would be with the revolutionary force. Just think of it in the terms of Vietnam. The politicians could not defeat an obviously inferior and outgunned force in a country with less than 350,000 square miles, a little smaller than California.... USA is over 10 times larger than Vietnam. Then factor in that currently the US standing military force is about 1.3 million. There are 19.3 million military veterans in the US. A high percentage of that group is not only trained in a wide variety of Military Occupations, but feel strongly that we will retain our constitutional rights. Possibly 5 million trained in or were involved in combat situations. Then consider 359 million firearms in private hands in the US. And those that are motivated to defend our constitutional rights are vast holders of these weapons. Add to that force 'many millions of good old country boys and girls that value their gun ownership rights and respect our veterans. Just my take.... :pardon:
table42
Expatriate

Post by table42 »

Double post. Removed
Last edited by table42 on Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I try not to let my mouth say nothin my mind can't stand. Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong. Or

table42
Expatriate

Post by table42 »

You're entitled to your dream. I also speak as a veteran.

Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

steelyRon wrote:Well Sailorman you've been calling for a revolution in case Hillary wins the election. So, as a former military man I think you know the odds of success are less than slim. If you wage war against the US govt. you will have to defeat their military. You will be the new *minutemen" for sure because that is how long you will last.

I for one, am not convinced that a revolution in the US would mean that you would need to defeat the military. In fact, most military and veterans of the military despise Obama, Billary and their crew. And if the military were to go against a revolutionary force, it would be anything but a sure thing that they would prevail. If the politicians ran the war, my bet would be with the revolutionary force. Just think of it in the terms of Vietnam. The politicians could not defeat an obviously inferior and outgunned force in a country with less than 350,000 square miles, a little smaller than California.... USA is over 10 times larger than Vietnam. Then factor in that currently the US standing military force is about 1.3 million. There are 19.3 million military veterans in the US. A high percentage of that group is not only trained in a wide variety of Military Occupations, but feel strongly that we will retain our constitutional rights. Possibly 5 million trained in or were involved in combat situations. Then consider 359 million firearms in private hands in the US. And those that are motivated to defend our constitutional rights are vast holders of these weapons. Add to that force 'many millions of good old country boys and girls that value their gun ownership rights and respect our veterans. Just my take.... :pardon:

Those numbers sound great accurate or not. One or more relevant points. No big guns, no air force, no navy, no marines, no subs, aircraft carriers, missles etc, etc,& no a cohesion. Plus many vets are advanced in age & many infirm. A rag tag army at best.

Best case scenario (not that I am an advocate) would be guerrilla warfare in the streets.
Might look like a Fallujah, Allepo, or a plethora of other mid-east cities. Not pretty.

And what will you replace the kleptocracy with? Some other distorted BS? As fuked up as it is I'll take it over civil war.
:popcorn:
table42
Expatriate

Post by table42 »

"Those numbers sound great accurate or not. One or more relevant points. No big guns, no air force, no navy, no marines, no subs, aircraft carriers, missles etc, etc,& no a cohesion. Plus many vets are advanced in age & many infirm. A rag tag army at best."

All good points to which I would add financial backing and training as a cohesive unit. Add logistics to the picture and you have a deficit that political indoctrination will never overcome. And I seriously doubt that "those good old country boys and girls" could provide military hardware of sufficient caliber to take out a tank or down an airplane. A very sad fantasyland some political posters dwell in.

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

mahatma gandhi's troops defeated the greatest military on earth without firing a shot
look at how quick they ran marcos and suharto out when they realised the strength of their own numbers.
shooting does not work very well.
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

The average American is too busy eating pizza and playing video games, to start a revolution.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

I was in a bar a few nights ago and an american came in and put on "America Fuck Yeah" song and started singing along *facepalm!!*
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Why am I tempted to google that song. Maybe you need to upgrade your hangouts Jamie.
:beer3:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic