Brock Lesner

Title says it all really...
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Brock Lesner

Post by kiwiincambodia »

so, in case you missed UFC199 yesterday it was announced the co main event for UFC200 will be Brock Lesner against an opponent TBD.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/15961 ... -yet-named

Lesners last fight in the UFC was in 2011 so it will be interesting to see how he steps back into the octagon after so much time away, however if anyone could just turn up and fight, Lesner would be one of them. That man is a freak and a superior athlete.

Its also interesting that the WWE let him do this fight as he is still under contract with them and do not like their ''wrestlers'' to cross compete.

WWE did release a statement so I guess it was in his contract that he could return to the UFC if he ever wanted as well as continue his contract with WWE.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/5/118 ... at-ufc-200
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Brock Lesner

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Brock vs. stone cold, TLC in a cage
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

So Lesners opponent for UFC200 has been decided and he will fight...............

Mike Hunt, this one will be a war.

Brock Lesnar to face Mark Hunt, calls self 'modern-day Bo Jackson'
Brock Lesnar will face veteran mixed martial artist and former professional kickboxer Mark Hunt at UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas.

Lesnar, 38, announced the fight during a SportsCenter appearance on Monday. It will mark his first fight in the Octagon since December 2011.

In March 2015, Lesnar (5-3) announced he was "closing the door" on a career in MMA, but he admitted on Monday that he was never comfortable with that decision.
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/15995 ... nt-ufc-200
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Mark Hunt Accuses Brock Lesnar Of Being, “Juiced To The Gills”

In an exclusive and explosive interview with UFC FIGHT WEEK on FOX Sports UFC Fighter Mark Hunt accused his UFC 200 opponent Brock Lesnar of being, “juiced to the gills.”

Recently it was announced that due to the short notice of the fight Brock would be exempt from USADA testing.

Below is an excerpt from the full interview featuring Hunt’s response to Brock’s exemption.

“I don’t think that’s fair. I think it’s load of bulls***, I think it’s rubbish,” Hunt told UFC FIGHT WEEK on Fox Sports in an exclusive interview. “I don’t think anyone should be exempt from testing. If they’re trying to clean the sport up — mixed martial arts — this is a bad way to do it. I don’t care who you are. It’s ridiculous.

“I don’t think it’s a great move. I think he’s juiced to the gills — and I still think I’m going to knock him out. So I don’t think that’s correct. I don’t think he should be allowed to get a four-month exemption otherwise everyone else should. Otherwise I should start juicing.

“How are you going to clean the sport up doing that s***? It won’t happen. I don’t think it’s fair.”

“I’ve already voiced my opinion to (UFC boss) Dana (White) about it but apparently he (Lesnar) has been getting tested but he’s probably been off a couple of cycles anyway.

“I think everyone should be tested equally and fairly. Make it an even playing field otherwise you might as well get everyone juiced up and have the juicing UFC competition and the non-juicing (competition).”

Hunt goes on to talk about his confidence going in to the fight and how he believes he is going to knock out Brock Lesnar. In one of his final statements in the interview he closes by saying:

“He’ll probably be super strong being juiced to the gills but it doesn’t mean anything, man. I’m ready for anything he has.”

Read more at http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/716921- ... SW5WSFG.99
dan1el
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dan1el »

Phone call for Mike Hunt. Mike Hunt. Anyone seen Mike Hunt. Sorry could not resist it.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

P.S - before anyone even asks, no I would not have the balls to make these jokes to his face.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Wow, Mark Hunt has always been one of my favourites back in Pride. Both guys are pretty old by now. Too bad Hunt's career was cut a bit short because of his legal troubles. Still, Hunt is total shot on the ground. He did work on his ground game later on, but it was still lacking. He's got a brutal punch and a good chin though. But Lesnar at is a real wrestler, so he could realistically take him that way.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

In all honesty I think this will be a very boring fight;

Lesner is a wrestler and will want to take it to the ground as soon as possible, Mike is a shit wrestler and if Lesner gets him down it will be game over. That said Lesner has a very weak chin and hates to be punched and the super Samoan has one hell of a punch on him so it will not take much for him to knock Lesner out.

So we have one guy who will want the fight on the ground and another that will want to keep it standing, I predict a whole load of dancing around before anything exciting happens, and when it does happen it will be over in a matter of seconds (either on the ground for Lesner or a connected punch by Hunt)

just my 2 cents worth....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic