Why I Still Love the USA Despite Everything.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Why I Still Love the USA Despite Everything.

Post by phuketrichard »

what does this mean?
the GBP is the 4th most expensive currency in the world, America is not even in the top 10
i have owned muscle cars as well;
a 56 chevy with a 327 /325 horsepower in it, a 67 chevelle ss 396, plus for camping, a 72 VW Vanagon with a 356 Porsche engine in it :-)
not to mention various tr3's, tr4 & MGB's as well
but i also had a 1968 650 Triumph Bonneville with a Sonny Routt kit ( so it was in effect an 800) blew everything on the street away in the 14/mile and it turned in the high 10's :-)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote:what does this mean?
the GBP is the 4th most expensive currency in the world, America is not even in the top 10
i have owned muscle cars as well;
a 56 chevy with a 327 /325 horsepower in it, a 67 chevelle ss 396, plus for camping, a 72 VW Vanagon with a 356 Porsche engine in it :-)
not to mention various tr3's, tr4 & MGB's as well
but i also had a 1968 650 Triumph Bonneville with a Sonny Routt kit ( so it was in effect an 800) blew everything on the street away in the 14/mile and it turned in the high 10's :-)
http://www.profitconfidential.com/u-s-d ... -currency/

tbh checking that list again (and from what i remember last time i looked at it a few months ago) US$ should be at number 6
expensive doesnt equate to strongest as that takes in a number of factors (economy etc) and the US$ would probably win that race
i was just going off what its worth :thumb:

nice cars also btw!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Jamie: Got my '56 Pontiac and started working on it in 1962 and the Kelmark was finished in around 2005/2006. A few other cars: 1959 Nash Metropolitan, 1956 Pontiac station wagon (fully restored it, repainted and new engine beefed up trans), 1949 Buick Roadmaster Sedanette two door (straight 8 cyl, in 1949 they only built 18,000 sedanette's, a really long car), 1959 Oldsmobile 88 Holiday Sports sedan 4-door, no post (I believe it was a 394 cu. in. v-8), 1963 VW 7 door van with westfalia camper conversion, 1969 Toyota Landcruiser with Chev Camero 327ci. in V-8 of around 300+hp, and wide tundra tires, 1972 International scout (was Alaska State Patrol car. I was living in Nome AK so to get across the tundra and rivers I put in a Ranchero suspension and Dick Cepek gumbo monster mudder tires on it. Had to have a small step stool to get in it. ), 1945 Willys Jeep MB2A (WWII type Jeep), (And a bunch of modern cars/trucks, couple of Ford rangers, a lifted Nissan Fronter, etc) At one time I had 5 cars/trucks and 4 motorcycles. All running and most vintage)
BTW/ My brother has been resorting my '59 MGA. It has a very low miles high performance engine I built in the mid-'60s. High compression alum pistons, full race Iskenderian Cam (custom ground by Ed himself in the '60s), Isky tappits, MGB clutch/flywheel, heavy duty rods, polished crank, and all machine balanced. At one time I had a Judsen Supercharger for it, but with the high compression pistons I was afraid I'd blow the head right off of it and never put it on. Also at one time had a 1958 MGA hardtop (not many of those built.)
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Richard: Little knows fact about 1957 Chev. You could get it in a 6cyl, two bbl v-8 silver wings(265cu. in.), 4-bbl v-8 (gold wings)(283 cu. in) two-4 bbl V-8 (gold wings)(283 cu. in. )(Duntov cam) and Rodchester fuel injection 283cu. in. V-8 (Duntov cam)( fuel-injection emblem on front fender and gold wings on hood.) In 1957 supposedly a dealership could get one injected Chev (hardtop or conv Bel- Air-Sport-Coupe), per dealership. Lots of trouble with the fuel injection as I remember, but the injected '57s are the ones going for big money now. 4 bbl carbs were the Carter WCFB's and rock solid (fore-runner to the Carter 4 bbl AFB on the later big block Chev's like the '63 409-425hp I owned)
1957 Canadian Pontiacs where actually 1957 Chev's with Pontiac emblems. I've only seen one and it had a Chev 235cu in 6 cyl engine. I believe I remember it being callad Parisienne. Saw it in about 1962/63 in the Pacific Northwest of America. Some research says that they were built from 1958 on, but that's wrong as I lifted the hood, checked the oil, and gased a '57. BTW/ Remember where the gas door was on a '57 Chev? Behind a door in the tailfin.
Last edited by Sailorman on Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

tl:;dr

ive never considered suicide but im pretty close right now.
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

SinBoy: Let me know if I can help. There are many ways to help you, but I have always been a hands-on kind of guy.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

why dont you slither into charlies this weekend and we will see how hands on you are.
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

SinnSisamouth wrote:why dont you slither into charlies this weekend and we will see how hands on you are.
can i come? all this talk of handjobs is making me horny!

what time? im free all day/night sunday... or how about tonight? Frank Lee Bents in town, ill get Hotdigr out as well, we can all get oiled up and have a royal rumble :boxing: lol
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
SinnSisamouth wrote:why dont you slither into charlies this weekend and we will see how hands on you are.

what time? im free all day/night sunday... or how about tonight? Frank Lee Bents in town, ill get Hotdigr out as well, we can all get oiled up and have a royal rumble :boxing: lol
in all aeriousnesses im not around till sunday so we can get all homoerotic then.
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

SinnSisamouth wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:

in all aeriousnesses im not around till sunday so we can get all homoerotic then.
its a date :pottytrain:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic