ASEAN no longer needs the west.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: ASEAN no longer needs the west.

Post by Anchor Moy »

ot mien kampf wrote:
frank lee bent wrote:not every thread has to be about race and racism.
i think the subject is about exhausted
The topic opened with a post about race (Asians and Europeans). :lol: Specifically us whiteys coming to do menial work for successful Khmer (and Sino-Khmer).

What's a broad difference between them? Asians don't care about political correctness, ergo they're becoming more successful, not to mention their work ethic while whites navel gaze about colonialism.

Of course all the white expats proved that by getting...

... when I pointed it out.
What did you point out ? You forgot to mention that the Muslims are taking over, in case we forgot since your last post. just a reminder . :thumb:
And I hate to break it to you but expressions like "PC" and "triggers" are USA inventions and most of the rest of the world really doesn't give a flying ;-)
ot mien kampf
Expatriate

Post by ot mien kampf »

Anchor Moy wrote:
ot mien kampf wrote:
The topic opened with a post about race (Asians and Europeans). :lol: Specifically us whiteys coming to do menial work for successful Khmer (and Sino-Khmer).

What's a broad difference between them? Asians don't care about political correctness, ergo they're becoming more successful, not to mention their work ethic while whites navel gaze about colonialism.

What did you point out ? You forgot to mention that the Muslims are taking over, in case we forgot since your last post. just a reminder . :thumb:
And I hate to break it to you but expressions like "PC" and "triggers" are USA inventions and most of the rest of the world really doesn't give a flying ;-)
http://shoebat.com/2015/05/06/china-dec ... osecution/

Here's why China is winning. :beer3:

I await yet more PC crying... and then you deluding yourself that you don't care about PC. :lol:

Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

ot mien kampf wrote:
If your a bogun quite possibly, in fact I think there are "backpacker types" doing menial work for locals now. However if your well qualified it won't happen!
ot mien kampf wrote:
What's a broad difference between them? Asians don't care about political correctness,
Neither do I, in fact when I did my first degree back in the early '70's it hadn't even been invented :D
ot mien kampf wrote:
ergo they're becoming more successful, not to mention their work ethic....
I should hope they are becoming more successful, in fact I have spent quite some time in my career helping both African and Asian people do just that. "work ethic" not sure what you're implying here, however from my experience it has been fairly similar with health professionals of all nationalities I have worked with. There are issues with patronage and corruption however that damage effectiveness at the institutional level.

On another topic is it an issue that China is "winning" or not? Look at a worst case "losing"scenario, for instance what happened after the fall of the Third Reich.The German engineers and scientists simply moved to the USA

Remember "Operation Paperclip" ? "The United States Office of Strategic Services (OSS) program in which more than 1,500 Nazis, primarily scientists but also engineers and technicians, were brought to the United States from Nazi Germany for government employment starting in 1945 and increasing in the aftermath of World War II."

"The JIOA worked independently to circumvent President Truman's anti-Nazi order and the Allied Potsdam and Yalta agreements, creating false employment and political biographies for the scientists. The JIOA also expunged the scientists' Nazi Party memberships and regime affiliations from the public record. Once "bleached" of their Nazism, the scientists were granted security clearances by the U.S. government to work in the United States. The project's operational name of Paperclip was derived from the paperclips used to attach the scientists' new political personae to their "US Government Scientist" JIOA personnel files"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

ot mien kampf wrote: What's a broad difference between them? Asians don't care about political correctness, ergo they're becoming more successful, not to mention their work ethic while whites navel gaze about colonialism. The Atlantic even addressed the issue with a cover story:

Maybe you should have tried reading that article, it had absolutely nothing to do with "whites navel gazing about colonialism".
Silence, exile, and cunning.
dopmoto
Expatriate

Post by dopmoto »

Anchor Moy wrote:
ot mien kampf wrote:

i can see the arragance prevaile as asia become richer even in changi airport i had a comment directed at me from a rich looking chinese singaporian some thing along the lines of "go home white we dont need you".

and in bali airport a taxi touted me and when ignored he whispered in my ear " we hate your type".
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

They probably just hate you because you're a sleazy low-life.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
dopmoto
Expatriate

Post by dopmoto »

John Bingham wrote:They probably just hate you because you're a sleazy low-life.
enjoy your dismall khmer expat wages

from july iclears 10000 USD per month.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

enjoy darwin bkkcrapper until your next incarnation
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic