Name and location please

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Name and location please

Post by beaker »

Cam chains are self tightening (spring loaded) if it is loose it needs replacing.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

beaker wrote:Not that difficult of a job to do i ordered my chain from eBay for my honda NSS250 (saved $50. from dealer price) will replace the starter clutch (saved $200+ on that) and gear too while i have the flywheel off as soon as my flywheel puller (saved $100+on that) gets here.
Doing the stuff yourself assures its done right with the proper parts.
Too right! I can get the chain etc but don't have enough tools or a place to do the job in PP. Do you think it's the cam chain tensioner that's gone? I can't see why the cam chain would stretch in 50,000 Klms or have I got it wrong? Do I need to change both sprokets as well if it does need a new cam chain? It' a Wave 100 2008
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

beaker wrote:Cam chains are self tightening (spring loaded) if it is loose it needs replacing.
Just saw your post. So all I need do is take the plate off the head and find the split link connector for the old and new cam chains, join it to the new chain and feed it through? Does anyone have a Wave 100 workshop manual? All i could find is a parts manual
Here it is.
http://downloads.ziddu.com/download/133 ... L.zip.html
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

50k kilometres on a motorcycle? Pretty sure your cam chain will stretch after that kind of mileage. Normal wear and tear. Let me know if you have a manual online.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

lurcio wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:i need to get the chain tightened on my airblade, if i go see a mechanic how do i ask them to tighten it in khmer?
Do they have a chain? I thought it was a belt (unless you're talking about the cam chain)
fuck knows but its a bit rattley lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

juansweetpotato wrote:
beaker wrote:Cam chains are self tightening (spring loaded) if it is loose it needs replacing.
Just saw your post. So all I need do is take the plate off the head and find the split link connector for the old and new cam chains, join it to the new chain and feed it through? Does anyone have a Wave 100 workshop manual? All i could find is a parts manual
Here it is.
Cam chains don't have links, that i have ever seen because, if it came loose you would destroy the engine.
Sprockets should be OK.
It probably needs the top end done rings and valves i was replacing my rings when i found the cam chain adjuster was fully extended and chain was a little loose. Again it's easy to do yourself and parts are cheap rings and gasket set better than waiting till it breaks then it gets expensive do it early and cylinder just needs honeing instead of replacing and valves just need a good hand lapping ($5.) instead of replacing valves and regrinding the seats..
The bottom ends on hondas are pretty tough as long as they have oil and will last through a couple of ring changes
Last edited by beaker on Tue May 24, 2016 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

beaker wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:
Here it is.
Cam chains don't have links, that i have ever seen because, if it came loose you would destroy the engine.
Sprockets should be OK.
Cheers Beaker thanks for the help.

@UT that's just an owners manual I'm afraid. I got the original with the bike. It's the Workshop Manual I'm after or a Haynes equivalent. Cheers
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

juansweetpotato wrote:
Here it is.
Honda wave 100 service manual - you need to sign in to Google drive to get it!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8rfw5 ... ef=2&pli=1
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Kuroneko wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:
Here it is.
Honda wave 100 service manual - you need to sign in to Google drive to get it!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8rfw5 ... ef=2&pli=1

That's weird. When I download and view in Acro or try to view the manual online nothing comes up but blank pages?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic