Do you feel regret that you don't have MD?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Do you feel regret that you don't have MD?

Post by nemo »

Did you ever consider a career in the Regular Army? It can be quite rewarding when one is assigned to foreign posts.
Almost any fool with a degree can get a lush post in intelligence.
Especially cyber security / anti terror ( snort ).
ot mien kampf
Expatriate

Post by ot mien kampf »

phuketrichard wrote:isn't it true many universities in Cambodia "sell" their diplomas? And as its known, i can see why one from Cambodia would not be looked on as real or worth the paper its printed on.

....I'd advise against journalism LOL
Journalism is not a profession or a trade. It is a cheap catch-all for fuckoffs and misfits - a false doorway to the backside of life, a filthy piss-ridden little hole nailed off by the building inspector, but just deep enough for a wino to curl up from the sidewalk and masturbate like a chimp in a zoo-cage." – Hunter Thompson
I think Cambodia is one of the only countries where journalist are paid NOT TO WRITE A STORY. :stir:
Most universities, aside from the highest Ivy league ones, sell diplomas, if you consider the low requirements to pass many modern degrees. Quite a few wealthy foreign students basically have only to attend to pass and farm their assignments off to essay writing companies.
ot mien kampf
Expatriate

Post by ot mien kampf »

nemo wrote:Did you ever consider a career in the Regular Army? It can be quite rewarding when one is assigned to foreign posts.
Almost any fool with a degree can get a lush post in intelligence.
Especially cyber security / anti terror ( snort ).
Cyber security is going to require a lot of knowledge to get anywhere. Cryptography and encryption aren't simple things to learn and apply and you're going to be the scapegoat if anything ever does get hacked.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Regret it every day, but I didn't have the money to continue, and affirmative action was claiming most of the scholarships/bursaries.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

vladimir wrote:Regret it every day, but I didn't have the money to continue, and affirmative action was claiming most of the scholarships/bursaries.
This is a common ''excuse '' used every day by Cambodians when you ask them about schooling and especially in learning English. I have always answered that if you want to learn, you will find a way to learn. A teacher in a building will not put the info into your head , you have to want to study and put it inside your head yourself. [ Almost ] no-one goes to school to learn to ride a moto, drive a car, learn how to use a smart phone etc
Maybe I am wrong to look at getting a degree in the same way, but that's the way I see it.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
ot mien kampf
Expatriate

Post by ot mien kampf »

vladimir wrote:Regret it every day, but I didn't have the money to continue, and affirmative action was claiming most of the scholarships/bursaries.
Oh the irony. :P
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Duncan wrote:
This is a common ''excuse '' used every day by Cambodians when you ask them about schooling and especially in learning English. I have always answered that if you want to learn, you will find a way to learn. A teacher in a building will not put the info into your head , you have to want to study and put it inside your head yourself. [ Almost ] no-one goes to school to learn to ride a moto, drive a car, learn how to use a smart phone etc
Maybe I am wrong to look at getting a degree in the same way, but that's the way I see it.
This x 1,000,000

If you want to do something you will do it anyway you can.
ot mien kampf
Expatriate

Post by ot mien kampf »

Duncan wrote:
Will can't get you a degree if you can't pay. To get a degree these days, it requires 1 part intelligence, 1 part attendance and 2 parts the money to pay for the right to enroll.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

I don't have a degree and it has not stopped me becoming successful.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

kiwiincambodia wrote:
Duncan wrote:
This x 1,000,000

If you want to do something you will do it anyway you can.
:thumb:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic