What sim card to use for voice & data month to month

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

What sim card to use for voice & data month to month

Post by timmydownawell »

Last time I visited for two weeks I paid $7 for a Smart sim that lasted two weeks and included 2GB data and some call/sms value.

Not sure that my sim will still be active for me to add credit to, so what's the best provider to use on a prepaid basis that includes some calls and maybe 1GB data per month?

All the add-on plans on the Smart website are confusing.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Luigi
Expatriate

Re: What sim card to use for voice & data month to month

Post by Luigi »

''All the add-on plans on the Smart website are confusing.''

That is the intent. All same same.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Guess I'll just rock up to the Smart shop and ask... doesn't anyone here have a plan they can recommend?
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

They all lie. They all suck. Good luck. I think Smart sucks a lil less then Metfukfone. IMHO
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

timmydownawell wrote:Last time I visited for two weeks I paid $7 for a Smart sim that lasted two weeks and included 2GB data and some call/sms value.

Not sure that my sim will still be active for me to add credit to, so what's the best provider to use on a prepaid basis that includes some calls and maybe 1GB data per month?

All the add-on plans on the Smart website are confusing.
7$!!!! You got well ripped. Bet he had an extra cheesy grin on him when you handed over the cash. Cambodians like that are dogs. No, wait a minute lets use the correct term as applied by them to us, dead dogs. Learn the words in Khmer and shout it at them to get an even bigger smile ( lol).

Metfone does the best overall deal for a normal expat/ NGO. $1 for the sim card and top up $3 for unlimited inet for the month.
If your a sex tourist, you will probably want to buy Cellcard as it's what all the poor f'ers use.
If your a flashpacker/ that wants to chat with normal young Cambodian middle-classes then get Smart. $1 sim card and almost the same for inet but for 2Gb, I don't think that's unlimited though.

Or something like that, as there is obviously some cross-over. They all have websites.
Last edited by juansweetpotato on Tue May 24, 2016 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Most new phones have duel sim's. Why not buy one of each, it wont send you broke. That way you can compare the dif between the two.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

juansweetpotato wrote: Metfone does the best overall deal for a normal expat/ NGO. $1 for the sim card and top up $3 for unlimited inet for the month.
[/quote]

Sounds like a plan, cheers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic