What people in different countries eat for breakfast ...

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: What people in different countries eat for breakfast ...

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Do not ever come between a Brit and his beans. It would not be worth your life to try and intervene.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Luigi wrote:Why do I always see beans listed on a Full English Breakfast? Do you brits actually eat those sickeningly sweet canned beans for breakfast? On toast FFS? Or is that someone somewhere in Cambo came up with.
My GF eats rice for breakfast. And lunch. And dinner. And snacks. She's cheap to feed. :bow:
are you fucking insane! you cant have a full english without beans!!
Beans on Toast is an amazing breakfast/brunch/lunch/supper, if you do it right and put a bit of butter in with the beans whilst cooking and sprinkle some grated cheese on top it is lush!
we (I) have beans with a lot of my meals, anything with chips, pasta, pie, jacket potato, sausage, pork chops, chicken, steak, fish, fucking any meat, beans will come with,
look----> https://www.google.com.kh/search?q=chip ... 66&bih=643
in england we even make baked bean toasties
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

kiwiincambodia wrote:Do not ever come between a Brit and his beans. It would not be worth your life to try and intervene.

you know! :whip:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Image You forgot the cheese.

Obviously, pizza for breakfast does not count as weird... or fish-heads and rice.

But, I have had chocolate and warm beer for breakfast when that was all that was available. That was especially weird for me because I don't think chocolate goes very well with beer, but some days you just have to eat what is there.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Anchor Moy wrote: But, I have had chocolate and warm beer for breakfast when that was all that was available. That was especially weird for me because I don't think chocolate goes very well with beer, but some days you just have to eat what is there.
yeah chocolate is a very naughty breakfast espesh with beer...
although i once put vodka on my cornflakes when on holiday in south Devon... i was depressed, as it was the first yearly lads holiday i had missed due to then having a mrs and taking her family on a traditional caravan holiday instead :facepalm: :o that was a very dark summer in deed
table42
Expatriate

Post by table42 »

I miss breakfasting at a diner on a small Louisiana town close to a bayou where I fished and hunted. Coffee with chicory, grits, homemade biscuit with butter. home cured bacon or ham and plenty of good Cajuns.for early morning company. Oh yeah, that's shirt sleeve eating.
I try not to let my mouth say nothin my mind can't stand. Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong. Or

I know nothing, I see nothing, in fact I'm not here right now.
Romanian source debriefed in West Berlin
lurcio
Expatriate
Guatemala

Post by lurcio »

The United Kingdom eats more cans of baked beans than the rest of the world combined. A staggering 1.5 million cans of Heinz Beanz are sold every day in the UK.

Top 10 Heinz baked beans-eating countries in the world (2009 – 2010):
1. Great Britain (444,908,011 units)
2. Australia (60,000,000 units)
3. Canada (41,000,000 units)
4. New Zealand (24,000,000 units)
5. Ireland (9,446,718 units)
6. Northern Ireland (7,120,206 units)
7. Sweden (2,894,160 units)
8. Czech Republic (1,400,994 units)
9. Netherlands (1,163,772 units)
10. Hong Kong (904,566 units)
Personally I don't like them because they are too sweet and I grew up thinking I didn't like beans until I started traveling and discovered that beans are awesome.
My favourite breakfast is a Mexican one with beef steak, huevos rancheros, refried beans, a super spicy tomato salsa, guacamole, rice and tortillas

In fact this might be my 'Death Row' last meal
table42
Expatriate

Post by table42 »

Lurcio, another fine way to start the day. The only problem I foresee is that it cries out for beer(s) not coffee.
I try not to let my mouth say nothin my mind can't stand. Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong. Or

I know nothing, I see nothing, in fact I'm not here right now.
Romanian source debriefed in West Berlin
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

lurcio wrote:Image
The United Kingdom eats more cans of baked beans than the rest of the world combined. A staggering 1.5 million cans of Heinz Beanz are sold every day in the UK.

Top 10 Heinz baked beans-eating countries in the world (2009 – 2010):
1. Great Britain (444,908,011 units)
2. Australia (60,000,000 units)
3. Canada (41,000,000 units)
4. New Zealand (24,000,000 units)
5. Ireland (9,446,718 units)
6. Northern Ireland (7,120,206 units)
7. Sweden (2,894,160 units)
8. Czech Republic (1,400,994 units)
9. Netherlands (1,163,772 units)
10. Hong Kong (904,566 units)
Personally I don't like them because they are too sweet and I grew up thinking I didn't like beans until I started traveling and discovered that beans are awesome.
and thats just Heinz Baked Beans, im sure them figures would be far greater when you take into consideration a good portion of the british public will be buying the cheaper supermarket brands, weve never been a family of Heinz or any brand label stuff,
Tesco Heinz Baked Beans - 75p
Tesco Own Brand Baked Beans - 32p
Tesco Own Brand Value Baked Beans - 24p
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/ ... rch=Search

tbh i dont think beans are that sweet, well definitely not if you compare them to some of the beans you get over here! i like adding some butter or margarine to the beans when cooking to make them creamier
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Here is Jamie in his natural habitat.....

And just because this place is filled with dirty old perverts (not that there is anything wrong with that.....)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic