he would have a better chance of beating manny than floyd tbh
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: The Conor McGregor v Floyd Mayweather fight

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Victor Ortiz doesn't believe there'll be a fight between Floyd Mayweather and Connor McGregor due to the different sports' sanctions.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/video/no-c ... 06342.html
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Boxing trainer Freddie Roach says Floyd Mayweather told him McGregor fight will happen

A Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor fight continues to seem more inevitable. The drumbeat for the megafight got louder Monday, when legendary boxing trainer Freddie Roach said he heard the fight would happen from none other than Mayweather himself.

[If the Mayweather-McGregor chatter brings back unhappy Pacquiao memories, you’re not alone]

Speaking on “The MMA Hour,” Roach told host Ariel Helwani that about three months ago, Mayweather stopped by his gym “a couple of times.” He said that Mayweather asked if McGregor had talked to the 56-year-old trainer, who has worked with several MMA fighters, in addition to the likes of Manny Pacquiao, Miguel Cotto and Julio César Chávez Jr.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... ll-happen/
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Boxing: Legendary trainer Freddie Roach questions McGregor's ability to test Mayweather

Boxing: Legendary trainer Freddie Roach questions McGregor's ability to test Mayweather
1:58 PM Monday Mar 27, 2017

Conor McGregor does not possess the ability to trouble Floyd Mayweather in the boxing ring, according to legendary trainer Freddie Roach.

Roach cornered Manny Pacquiao against the unbeaten American and is regarded as one of the sport's finest strategists.

He believes McGregor is too wild and limited to beat Mayweather, should the pair manage to finalise a deal to fight.

Roach told FightHype TV: "I'd love to see it, he's fun to watch - he's a character - [but] he's not that good of a fighter.

"He'll let his hands go and so forth, he's a little wild.

'He's putting himself on a very high level. I think he's more of a four-round fighter at this point.

'He's [Mayweather] not a risk-taker anymore. He's not the most exciting guy in the world.

But, he's still a great boxer. [McGregor] can't beat guys like that, in my opinion.'

The Irishman took a break from his boxing training to attend the christening of his nephew.

He proclaimed himself the "King of Ireland", as he posted a number of updates on Instagram from the famous Shelbourne Hotel.

The hotel is one of Ireland's most historic buildings, having had the nation's constitution drafted in one of it's rooms back in 1922.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/ar ... d=11826324
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

McGregor-Mayweather fight takes big step toward becoming reality

Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather seemed like a pipe dream a year ago but now the fight appears closer than ever to reality.

McGregor released a statement via his own Mac Life website confirming that he has reached an agreement with the UFC for the boxing match against Mayweather.

“It is an honor to sign this record breaking deal alongside my partners Zuffa LLC, The Ultimate Fighting Championship and Paradigm Sports Management,” McGregor said.

“The first, and most important part of this historic contract has now officially been signed off on. Congratulations to all parties involved. We now await [Mayweather advisor] Al Haymon and his boxer’s signature in the coming days.”

Also, UFC president Dana White confirmed he has completed negotiations with McGregor on his part in the deal for the proposed mega-fight against Mayweather in a boxing match that would take place later this year.

“The McGregor side is done, I’m starting to work on the Mayweather side now,” White said when speaking to TNT after the Cavaliers-Celtics game. “I’m not saying the fight will happen, but I got one side done, now it’s time to work on the other.

“If we can come to a deal with [Al] Haymon and [Floyd] Mayweather, the fight’s going to happen.”

http://nypost.com/2017/05/18/mcgregor-m ... g-reality/
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Could this mean....

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

mcgregors signed, just waiting for floyds sig
going to be the most over hyped/dissapointing fight of all time
will be good for the first 3 rounds then it will be all mayweather i reckon, hoping mcgreg does him over early doors though
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:mcgregors signed, just waiting for floyds sig
will be good for the first 3 rounds then it will be all mayweather i reckon, hoping mcgreg does him over early doors though
I kind of agree but I think it will only take Connor one shot that connects to completely flip the fight if not put Floyd on his arse. However I think it will involve Floyd doing a lot of running and dodging and Connor will struggle to connect with fuck all.

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:29 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote:mcgregors signed, just waiting for floyds sig
I kind of agree but I think it will only take Connor one shot that connects to completely flip the fight if not put Floyd on his arse. However I think it will involve Floyd doing a lot of running and dodging and Connor will struggle to connect with fuck all.
this fight will be a lot different than the fights youve seen mcgregor in in the past, mma fighters have a lot sloppier guard, due to the various number of attacks that can can come their way etc, floyd is the greatest defensive fighter of all time and will frustrate the shit out of conor leaving him open to numerous counter attacks
but floyd can be rocked and if he does catch him, could make it interesting, he will have a bit of ring rust but conor will have to take him out early

a floyd vs conor press conference are going to be the best press conferences ever though and would make it all worth it lol
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Fully agreed, I think Floyd will run circles (pun intended) around Conner, but all it will take is for Conner to land one decent shot and the whole fight will be flipped on his head.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic