Muslim Mayor of London

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Re: MUSLIM MAYOR OF LONDON

Post by mammothboy2 »

We should all give the new chap the benefit of the doubt until he shows us what he can do or
whether he is a loud-mouthed ninny like Ken or a public show-off like Boris.

In fact, the post the new chap occupies has remarkably little real power; the new mayor cannot house the
desperate homeless overnight any more than can he restore sight to the blind, heal lepers or raise the dead.

Nor can he do anything much about providing affordable housing (on the commercial market) at sane prices.

He can bully the subordinate authorities into building more social housing
but he cannot make commercial-market housing in - say - Acton - affordable to a working teacher married to
a working nurse (these are dreadfully stereotypical examples but easy to understand.)

Me? I'd have voted for the Cannabis is Safer than Booze candidate, but any vote for a 3rd Party in the first-past-the-post
(USA/UK) electoral setup is a wasted vote.
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Post by mammothboy2 »

More about CISTA here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_ ... an_Alcohol

Mind you, Cambodia needs an Overseas CISTA chapter about as much as it needs an Orange Lodge.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Londinium (its true name) was founded centuries ago by the Romans in the year 43.

It needs to be returned to the Italians, their present-day descendants.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

nothing like religion or race, to get ppl riled up
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Post by mammothboy2 »

There were people living on the banks of the Thames, Fleet River and Wandle long before the Roman Imperialists
set foot in the sceptered isle.

The Celts in what became the province of Brittania did not (at that time) read and write but they had a high cultural level, especially obvious from their
exquisite goldwork.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

we are all monkeys, before all these nonsense began
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

mammothboy2 wrote:There were people living on the banks of the Thames, Fleet River and Wandle long before the Roman Imperialists
set foot in the sceptered isle.

The Celts in what became the province of Brittania did not (at that time) read and write but they had a high cultural level, especially obvious from their
exquisite goldwork.
Not Celts, Britons. Celts are tall and blond from central europe, not short-arses with dark hair. Celtic cultural influences but still genetically different. I lived in London for 10 years, 8 of them in Leytonstone, which is in Waltham Forest, second or third most ethnically diverse borough. I had muslims for neighbours. Wore normal clothes, had jobs, some wives would wear a hijab some not. In Leyton, the village next door there was plenty of robe-wearing muslims, there's a major mosque, three doors down from the pub. Muslims tend to be Lib Dem there, though. I saw two women in full dress having a massive fight on the pavement outside the sharia court office once. The Turkish guys made a decent fish and chips, tended to get quite pissed up at Eid. The Pakistani guys I worked with tended to nurse their pints when we'd go out for work drinks, so I guess that's a negative. The only really irritating muslim was this guy who used to be called Colin who was a reformed alcoholic. Him, his cadre of about five other ne'er-do-wells and the JWs with loudspeakers would have scuffles outside the old shopping centre in Stratford.
The majority of muslims are moderates, plenty of them are middle class like Sadiq. Some of them are crooks like Lutfur Ali. I have yet to meet one who had horns and a pointy tail.
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Post by mammothboy2 »

First, the pre-Celts ,,,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-Celtic

... then Celts, who had well-organized kingdoms by the time the Romans arrived but who never figured out
how to read and write

... then Romans and those who arrived / settled / died in Britannia in the Roman era - Jews, some blacks like
the woman buried in York, people from
the Middle East, like those who left their genes in Lincolnshire

Then (quite horrifically) Angles and Saxons and Jutes and their slaves from Prussia and Courland

Then Normans and their slaves (1066 and all tha)

Then Norse from all of Norway, Sweden and Denmark and their slaves

Then the Danes and their slaves again

Then assorted Frenchmen, Palatine Germans, Heugenots, Flemings and European Jews and a fair few Mediterranean Jews, too

Then the Catholic Irish and
assorted refugees and immigrants from all over but not so many until the vast influx of Eastern European Jews fleeing both
poverty and persecution around 1900

Then - after 1940 - the heroic Poles
and successive waves of immigration [and we can discuss the positives and negatives until the cows come home]

QUICK GUESS: Which groups are over-represented in the prison system and among those who are receiving welfare benefits
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

ot mien kampf
Expatriate

Post by ot mien kampf »

Garry.Crabtree wrote:
Forktongue2 wrote: But here we are with a Paki nutjob holding a position with tremendous power.
Fucking ignorant racist dickhead.
How nice, hide behind the race card and deny his known extremist links.

http://www.conservativehome.com/localgo ... links.html

Nothing like Islam to prove how ignorant and angry the "tolerant" people are. Here's a nice video to educate you about the dangers of Islam... with the statistic that 70% of youth inmates in Denmark are Muslim!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic