A Vietnamese woman was arrested, accusing of using fake Cambodian identify card

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

A Vietnamese woman was arrested, accusing of using fake Cambodian identify card

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh: The report released that, immigration police , leaded by major general Ouk Haisela, a president of immigration department had gone to Development Cooperation Organization to check and arrest a Vietnamese woman, whose identify card as Cambodian. ( Fake Cambodian Identify Card)

It occurred at 3: 00 pm on May 4, 2016 at Development Cooperation Organization headquarter, located along street A48 in Toul Songke village, Toul Songke commune, Rousey Keo district.

The source told that, the Vietnamese woman's name is Chan Thyte had used a fake Cambodian identify card to live and work in Cambodia.

Police have been investigating for more details and documents.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: A Vietnamese woman was arrested, accusing of using fake Cambodian identify card

Post by bolueeleh »

another slow news day?, there are probably thousands using fake ID cards, is as common as bargirls saying I love you, you are my only one.
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: A Vietnamese woman was arrested, accusing of using fake Cambodian identify card

Post by John Bingham »

After all these years here I still can't often tell the difference between a Vietnamese, a Sino-Khmer, a Chinese or a local unless it's really obvious.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

John Bingham wrote:After all these years here I still can't often tell the difference between a Vietnamese, a Sino-Khmer, a Chinese or a local unless it's really obvious.
That's ok. After all your years here, it's probable that Cambodians still can't tell if you are "barang" barang, UK barang, US barang or other. ;)
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Anchor Moy wrote:
John Bingham wrote:After all these years here I still can't often tell the difference between a Vietnamese, a Sino-Khmer, a Chinese or a local unless it's really obvious.
That's ok. After all your years here, it's probable that Cambodians still can't tell if you are "barang" barang, UK barang, US barang or other. ;)
Well I try not to make it obvious, so who knows?
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

John Bingham wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:
Sounds like you walk around as the Cambodian equivalent of an Indian Peter Sellers.

Tuk Tuk Num Num?
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

?
You totally lost me there.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

John Bingham wrote:?
You totally lost me there.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

juansweetpotato wrote:
John Bingham wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:
Sounds like you walk around as the Cambodian equivalent of an Indian Peter Sellers.

Tuk Tuk Num Num?
Maybe he's Nom Nom?

bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

vietnamese eat nuoc mam, chinese eat soya sauce, khmer eat prahok, sino khmer eat prahok with soya sauce
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic