Water Poisoning in SVAY Rieng Province???????

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
gavinbrisbane
Expatriate

Re: Water Poisoning in SVAY Rieng Province???????

Post by gavinbrisbane »

Holly mother of a fried goat!!

Yes, looks dire!

Everytime I have even 1 swear word in my reply - although not aimed at anyone, my post does not 'post', I am denied!! lol

You could imagine I have a few swear words about the situation presently... hahahahaha

:beer2:
gavinbrisbane
Expatriate

Post by gavinbrisbane »

Most of the heavy levels do tend to be towards the LHS though..... mmmm
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

gavinbrisbane wrote:Are you in Svay KWIC? -- just asking....

Yep - kids had no seizures though???
No in PP mate.
gavinbrisbane
Expatriate

Post by gavinbrisbane »

Ok, no problems, I just thought I would ask, it is interesting to know what is going on around, perhaps....
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:Image
Holy hell.
looks like youve been pissing in a lot of wells gav/kiwi!!
Ahem, SV :thumb:
gavinbrisbane
Expatriate

Post by gavinbrisbane »

I just caught onto that! lol ---- yes --- a lot of wells I have been relieving myself in, Jamie seems to be able to vouch for that! :stir:
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Yep, :thumb: nothing like having pure H2,O to drink.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
gavinbrisbane
Expatriate

Post by gavinbrisbane »

Who can write Khmer to my GF, HONESTLY - to tell her about I want the water treated for? I am not there atm.... She does not understand "as the water level goes down, natural chemicals, like arsenic become concentrated and make people sick, as we have seen with her family, we need the water tested".

......anyone?

It is like I am trying to explain "Bacteria" in Thai - they don't have an exact word for it - as I understand.......

Can anyone write what I am looking for?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

gavinbrisbane wrote:Hey guys,

I am not sure about this....

In the last few months ALL my GF's family have been getting very ill, to the point they had to go to Vietnam for treatment just in this last week gone. They were there for 4 or 5 days.

They live in SVAY Rieng Province.

All their water comes from a well (as many people's probably do?) however it has been 'one by one' my Gf's family have been getting very ill, until last week, everyone was very very sick and had to be transported across the border. The only common denominator I can find is due to the drought and water/salinity/arsenic etc perhaps by low water levels in their well? I am not sure - I am not there....

Has anyone else experienced this in the past few months or ever? My Gf's brother was only in intensive care (whatever that is??) in PP or SR 2 - 3 weeks ago..... I can't remember what the blood tests results were, but I can find out. I do remember that some kind of severe vitamin deficiency, (A, B, D, - I don't know) was severely low - he was having repetitive seizures etc. and was in hospital for over a week - 10 days in fact. He was just released from hospital and about a week later everyone else was ill.

Does arsenic cause any kind of vitamin deficiency over time? Can it do that? I am at a loss here.

I have offered to get their water tested - but she (my Gf) says "it's all ok". --- They have also started losing chickens in the past few days as well? No other livestock that I know of has been affected, as yet. mmmmm, seems suss.....

It just seems strange the whole family 'clan' went down very quickly. We are all pretty concerned.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Gav

That's a BIG province.
MY gf was just back there for new years and she is from SR Province. no one is her HUGE extended family got sick over the period April 11-23rd.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
gavinbrisbane
Expatriate

Post by gavinbrisbane »

I can narrow it down, I just don't know if I am spelling it correctly etc. "Roleum", "Rolum" or "Roloum" something similar - I know where it is.... but.... mmmmm my fault...

I know it if I hear it, I just am not sure how to put it on paper... approx. 150klm from PP. South East.... :bow:

Thanks PR :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic