Family of British Tourists Brutally Assaulted by Thais While on Holiday in Thailand (VIDEO)

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Family of British Tourists Brutally Assaulted by Thais While on Holiday in Thailand (VIDEO)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

This happened on April 13 in Hua Hin, Thailand during the annual Songkran Water Festival.

2 Thai men have been arrested and police are currently looking to arrest 2 more men.

DISTURBING VIDEO OF THE ATTACK:

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Rutiger
Expatriate

Re: Family of British Tourists Brutally Assaulted by Thais While on Holiday in Thailand (VIDEO)

Post by Rutiger »

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Family of British Tourists Brutally Assaulted by Thais While on Holiday in Thailand (VIDEO)

Post by General Mackevili »

That is fucked up! Even the grandma got sucker punched and knocked out.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Wow, that got messy really quickly. I had to watch it a few times cos there was so much going on. I can't figure what happened at the start, it looked like two drunk Thai guys were arguing and then one of them randomly lunged at the tourist in the black shirt, but it doesn't really explain why he fell over so badly, maybe it just knocked him off balance? Then towards the end the guy in the stripey shirt is being layed into. It looks like the woman that comes from behind was trying to help him, but then he gives her a bear hug and tosses her to the ground. Freaky shit, I'm glad we don't see much of that stuff here.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

John Bingham wrote:Wow, that got messy really quickly. I had to watch it a few times cos there was so much going on. I can't figure what happened at the start, it looked like two drunk Thai guys were arguing and then one of them randomly lunged at the tourist in the black shirt, but it doesn't really explain why he fell over so badly, maybe it just knocked him off balance? Then towards the end the guy in the stripey shirt is being layed into. It looks like the woman that comes from behind was trying to help him, but then he gives her a bear hug and tosses her to the ground. Freaky shit, I'm glad we don't see much of that stuff here.
i opened it up on my laptop and its clearer to see,
the 2 thai guys are arguing
then at 18 seconds a drunk tourist (who is with an elderly couple/family) passing by reaches out and grabs the thai guy (not sure for what reason)
the thai guy then goes after him pushes him and an argument breaks out
the other thai guy he was arguing with goes off into the crowd (there seems to be a gang of them)
as the argument is getting a bit heated a random guy passing by with a mullet and stripped tshirt comes along
as that exact same time the other thai guy from the start returns (with some friends following suit),
runs over and knocks out the elderly guy and boots him in the head
he then knocks out the elderly woman,
he then knocks out the drunk tourist guy, who then goes on to get booted in the head 7 times by the thai guy and his mate,
the elderly man and the elderly woman both receive a boot to the face knocking them both out again
whilst this is going on the poor guy passing by in the stripped tshirt gets attacked by one of their thai friends and his girlfriend, he fights back and body slams the gf and makes a swift exit
the gang disperses leaving the 3 family members KO'd on the floor....

what makes this bad is that this was obviously a gang of thais attacking what are obviously elderly people!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Thanks Jamie. That makes things clearer. Nice touch attacking defenseless oldies...

Stories about Brits attacked in Hua Hin from Andrew Drummond, 2012 : http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2012/01/ ... ng_31.html

No way that Cambodia can compete with Thailand on some levels.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Rutiger wrote:
That is not funny Rutiger.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

juansweetpotato wrote: That is not funny Rutiger.
i don't give a rat's ass what you do or don't find funny.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Family of British Tourists Brutally Assaulted by Thais While on Holiday in Thailand (VIDEO)

Post by General Mackevili »

Anchor Moy wrote:
No way that Cambodia can compete with Thailand on some levels.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Well, I don't know what to say about this one except maybe that's the Thailand that I have always seen in Thai men's eyes.

As a nice old Thai gentleman said to me once " Thai men are jealous of foreigners". If you want to piss a Thai man off, just tell him that.
I love ripping the piss out of the king when I meet them over here lol.

The woman slaps the guy in the face first after he attacks her son for seemingly nothing much. The video seems to miss a frame or two at the bit before he falls down and hits his head. It looks like some weird punch. Definitely knocks him off balance though and you can see the surprise in his face. She gets 2 good hard punches and one fucking brutal kick to the head for the slap and all the gob on her. That scene at the end with the whole family lying on the floor is almost a scene from a movie. The way they are laying choreographed like that.

Looks like i'll have to add another itinerary point to my visit.

Lets check the list. Rubber tubing, gas, saw, gloves, cuffs, razor wire, hatchet, Gladys,

and my mitts.
Last edited by juansweetpotato on Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic