Family of British Tourists Brutally Assaulted by Thais While on Holiday in Thailand (VIDEO)

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Re: Family of British Tourists Brutally Assaulted by Thais While on Holiday in Thailand (VIDEO)

Post by juansweetpotato »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Username Taken wrote:@SinnSisamouth, You really are pushing for that 3rd strike, aren't you?
i find him entertaining, but then again im british
I was a bit shocked when I first read him, but after realizing he is Indian, I've kinda grown fond of him. Such a vile tongue on him. lol
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Re: Family of British Tourists Brutally Assaulted by Thais While on Holiday in Thailand (VIDEO)

TheGrinchSR wrote:I like living in South East Asia. I am one of the fortunate few who can go anywhere in the world and earn a good living. I'm not here to save money or to take advantage of the weather (which I'm not all that keen on to be fair - I like cool not hot). I'm here because it's an awesome place to be. It's totally alien to the places I grew up in and that makes it interesting. The history, the politics, the bribes, the food, etc. make it worth being here. I get being sick of a place; for me that was China... and I wish it had worked out OK there - it cost me a marriage when it didn't work out and my wife is a wonderful person. But those are the breaks. But pouring scorn on others for enjoying a place? It's not worth your effort and it's beneath you too. Everyone is different and it's the only beauty in life.
Have you tried India or Africa Grinchy? I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you like SEA. If I had your ability I would have left about 3 years ago.I actually did leave and was making plans for Brazil/Argentina, but then I found out that its not so easy to make a living in those places teaching without a fair bit of back-up money to get started. I decided to go back to Vietnam and give it another go. I'm only in Cambodia this time because I needed a break by the sea, and Vietnam doesn't offer what Cambodia does/did. I was so against going back to HCMC that I tried my hand at something else and got stuck here. I'd probably try Africa again. And to think PP was my favorite city in the world just a few years ago. Anyhow, each to his own. It certainly would have been nice if I had liked its transformation into a fast moving consumer society..
Last edited by juansweetpotato on Wed May 04, 2016 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Have you tried India or Africa Grinchy? I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you like SEA. If I had your ability I would have left about 3 years ago.I actually did leave and was making plans for Brazil/Argentina, but then I found out that its not so easy to make a living in those places teaching without a fair bit of back-up money to get started. I decided to go back to Vietnam and give it another go. I'm only in Cambodia this time because I needed a break by the sea, and Vietnam doesn't offer what Cambodia does/did. I was so against going back to HCMC that I tried my hand at something else and got stuck here. I'd probably try Africa again. And to think PP was my favorite city in the world just a few years ago. Anyhow, each to his own. It certainly would have been nice if I had liked its transformation into a fast moving consumer society..
Have you tried India or Africa Grinchy? I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you like SEA. If I had your ability I would have left about 3 years ago. I'd probably try Africa again. Anyhow, each to his own. It certainly would have been nice if I had liked it. That was my intention after all.
I've spent a fair bit of time in the subcontinent and in East Africa. You have to be kidding if you think they are viable alternatives to this region.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

John Bingham wrote:
Have you tried India or Africa Grinchy? I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you like SEA. If I had your ability I would have left about 3 years ago. I'd probably try Africa again. Anyhow, each to his own. It certainly would have been nice if I had liked it. That was my intention after all.
I've spent a fair bit of time in the subcontinent and in East Africa. You have to be kidding if you think they are viable alternatives to this region.
You didn't like the food or the music? You didn't like the fact that in Africa or India quite a few people genuinely care for your well being even if you are just a foreigner/ tourist? They all suffer from the lying and cheating but the SEA's have a special way of doing it. Sort of no.11 on the lying and cheating amp. So many reasons to prefer somewhere with a bit of color and excitement. Somewhere you can hear some good music. Somewhere that people drop their shopping bags in the street and start dancing to the bus music as it goes past. etc etc

Asia is frustrating for sure, its also a bit annoying in other ways too numerous to mention, but above all it's f'in boring.

If you can find your house in the countryside and live a simple life as in Candide then I think one can be happy. If they let you.
ot mien kampf
Expatriate

Post by ot mien kampf »

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... ating-clip

Looks like the person who released the video is facing worse punishment than the attackers.

Face, face and face. All that matters in Thailand.
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

Good the video came out, it shows that there was a reason for the attack.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

did we read the same article? i see nothing in it that says he would be in trouble
ot mien kampf wrote:http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... ating-clip

Looks like the person who released the video is facing worse punishment than the attackers.

Face, face and face. All that matters in Thailand.
...As such, it was supposed to be kept confidential until the conclusion of the investigation,

....Pol Maj Gen Kritsana told Thai media that sharing the video now that it had gone public was not illegal,
:please:
ITs all bullshit, yea the guys who thought that there friend was hit, ok, give them a break , bad decision. But the guy that cold cocked the old lady and man and the guy that kicked them in the face, JAIL TIME
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

franzjaeger wrote:Good the video came out, it shows that there was a reason for the attack.
I thought she had a lot of gob-shite on her. She appears to have been from Scotland, a wee Glasgow wifey I presume.

That report is shit BTW. It just doesn't emphasize the brutality of the attack enough. At the end it even says that the woman received a punch to the face! So, that brutal kick in the face was just a punch was it?

The Thais lol " We must prosecute the man who leleased the lideo becuase he showed everyone the size of Thai men's penises, Le are velly angly, velly angly" said a wanker from Thai police..

Obviously the Thai authorities don't give 2 shits what happened to a bunch of Falang, They just care about saving image and making sure other tourists come, spend their money, get beaten up and murdered.

Fuck You Thailand !. Someone get the T-shirts printed up.
Last edited by juansweetpotato on Wed May 04, 2016 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

juansweetpotato wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:I like living in South East Asia. I am one of the fortunate few who can go anywhere in the world and earn a good living. I'm not here to save money or to take advantage of the weather (which I'm not all that keen on to be fair - I like cool not hot). I'm here because it's an awesome place to be. It's totally alien to the places I grew up in and that makes it interesting. The history, the politics, the bribes, the food, etc. make it worth being here. I get being sick of a place; for me that was China... and I wish it had worked out OK there - it cost me a marriage when it didn't work out and my wife is a wonderful person. But those are the breaks. But pouring scorn on others for enjoying a place? It's not worth your effort and it's beneath you too. Everyone is different and it's the only beauty in life.
I grew up in Nigeria and have worked in Egypt. Africa's a big place but none of it is at a state of development that I'd want to live there at the moment. Though there are plenty of countries that I'd like to visit.

South America is endlessly appealing to me; there's a time limit on my stay in SEA and South America will be where I head when that time is up. I intend to finish up in Eastern Europe. I am looking forward to cold winters again then.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote: But the guy that cold cocked the old lady and man
i read this and all i saw was cuckolding, i cant say id ever heard of cold cocked before, which has surprised me, i must be a lover not a fighter :P
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic