Family of British Tourists Brutally Assaulted by Thais While on Holiday in Thailand (VIDEO)

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Re: Family of British Tourists Brutally Assaulted by Thais While on Holiday in Thailand (VIDEO)

Post by juansweetpotato »

phuketrichard wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:
John Bingham wrote:So why are you still here?
Because I have to for the moment, just like yourself. But things change. The idea of staying through the next election? For me it's not going to happen.
you only think u have too.
unless your living day to day you can always leave, ( pity the poor Khmers who can't leave)
so at the end of the day obviously things are not as bad as you think the are.

Whenever i go there i am ready after 2-3 weeks to head away, Thailand may be backwards and and and but its still far ahead. :beer3:
I agree in principal, but it wouldn't take long for me till I got pissed of with Thailand. Same old, same old Asia. Not really that different than Vietnam or here. Just a bit more developed as far as hospitals and shops go. Trouble with that is it seems directly proportional to the amount of foreign jealousy finally allowed to let loose.

Unfortunately there are people stuck here for all sorts of reasons; family, work (overseas positions), criminal convictions, day to day as you say etc.

I indeed do pity the poor Cambodians, and anyone that lives here that behaves even half decently towards each other. That's goes for Vietnam too.
Last edited by juansweetpotato on Tue May 03, 2016 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Family of British Tourists Brutally Assaulted by Thais While on Holiday in Thailand (VIDEO)

Post by John Bingham »

JSP wrote:I just don't think Asia is very progressive on any social fronts, and it never will be. I'm off soon and I won't be shedding any tears either. I have given 6+ years full time, and the more I know about SEA the more it depresses me.
I noticed how you went back and changed your post. You were saying how all Khmers are pathetic losers and how much you hated them before you edited it. That's why I asked why you were still here. It's hardly surprising that you don't get on with anyone here and you want to leave when you hold such damning and negative attitudes. Anyway, you are the chaff which shall be discarded, roll on election time.
Unfortunately there are people stuck here for all sorts of reasons; family, work (overseas positions), criminal convictions, day to day as you say etc.
You are projecting your own feelings onto others. Some people actually like living here.
I indeed do pity the poor Cambodians, and anyone that lives here that behaves even half decently towards each other.
Bullshit, it's plain to see that you despise them.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

juansweetpotato wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:
John Bingham wrote:So why are you still here?
Because I have to for the moment, just like yourself. But things change. The idea of staying through the next election? For me it's not going to happen.
you only think u have too.
unless your living day to day you can always leave, ( pity the poor Khmers who can't leave)
so at the end of the day obviously things are not as bad as you think the are.

Whenever i go there i am ready after 2-3 weeks to head away, Thailand may be backwards and and and but its still far ahead. :beer3:
I agree in principal, but it wouldn't take long for me till I got pissed of with Thailand. Same old, same old Asia. Not really that different than Vietnam or here. Just a bit more developed as far as hospitals and shops go. Trouble with that is it seems directly proportional to the amount of foreign jealousy finally allowed to let loose.

I indeed do pity the poor Cambodians, and anyone that lives here that behaves even half decently towards each other. That's goes for Vietnam too.
Interesting , i find i actually love it here, i have a small group of friends , never visit bars ,but do enjoy the unlimited choice of quality restaurants, i know exactly where to go for whatever i want, i have a small home that backs on a rubber plantation and only 1.5 kms from a nice beach. Flights to just about anywhere i wish to go and if i need a hospital ( it has happened) there are 3 within 30 minutes with quality western care. Plus a girl that cares for me and can put up with me

When i am out in the water looking back at the empty beach and tree covered hills, i really believe its almost as good as it can get

All in all i have learned you get out of any place what you put in.

What i think makes it easy is i am not "stuck" here and could pack up and be gone in an hour, if i wanted
Having the choice makes life great.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

"friends"

lol
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

@SinnSisamouth, You really are pushing for that 3rd strike, aren't you?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

hey he is my own private stalker, i dont read his posts ( on my ignore list) but since he never says anything
fuck him an ban the asshole :plus1:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^ Stop making sense, Richard. A great album by Talking Heads.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

John Bingham wrote: You are projecting your own feelings onto others. Some people actually like living here.
Who? The aforementioned stupid ones you mean? :whip:
I indeed do pity the poor Cambodians, and anyone that lives here that behaves even half decently towards each other.
Bullshit, it's plain to see that you despise them.
Actually, your wrong there. I support the poor and infirm if I can, and being one of sensitivity when it comes to being ripped off, I identify with the ones who don't do it to their fellow Khmer. There aren't many of them I've come across in almost 6 years in Mambo Cambo, but they are the ones who are smart, honest and deserve respect. Unfortunately I seem to be the only one who thinks so.

This is something I believe to be true in SEA unless perhaps you have a local family backing you up;
From the Thais murder disabled man thread.
by obelisks » Mon May 02, 2016 5:20 pm

It's not worth challenging or upsetting people here in any way shape or form (...)
It's scary
Something goes wrong. Eat shit.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Username Taken wrote:@SinnSisamouth, You really are pushing for that 3rd strike, aren't you?
i find him entertaining, but then again im british
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

I like living in South East Asia. I am one of the fortunate few who can go anywhere in the world and earn a good living. I'm not here to save money or to take advantage of the weather (which I'm not all that keen on to be fair - I like cool not hot). I'm here because it's an awesome place to be. It's totally alien to the places I grew up in and that makes it interesting. The history, the politics, the bribes, the food, etc. make it worth being here. I get being sick of a place; for me that was China... and I wish it had worked out OK there - it cost me a marriage when it didn't work out and my wife is a wonderful person. But those are the breaks. But pouring scorn on others for enjoying a place? It's not worth your effort and it's beneath you too. Everyone is different and it's the only beauty in life.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic