Your Most Shocking/ Funniest/ Weirdest GF/BF Stories From SE Asia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Your Most Shocking/ Funniest/ Weirdest GF/BF Stories From SE Asia

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

^ Haha..., serves her right, karma!
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

HWpogi wrote:This is story from the Philippines. My best friend brought his GF to USA they were going to get married but the girls filipina friends keep telling her you can do better he's poor. Air carft Mechanic. She some how gets introduced to a Plastic Surgeon in Beverly Hills hes worth around $20,000,000 has a mansion in BH. They get married and with in 6 mos shes screwing a young Filipino guy. The Dr gets marriage annulled and cancels her VISA . She has to leave and go back to the Philippines. She now has 3 kids and lives in a squatter area. And sell's sweet potato's to make money for food.

They are so self destructive.

My last ex was a flipper. walked into my life with two kids and carrying two suitcases. Walked out 12 years later with close to A$500,000 in property assets and cash.
I bumped into her about a year ago, being 13 years after we split, and she invited me to have a coffee at a restaurant . After buying a new car for herself, and her two daughters, untold stuff for her family in flipperland , she is now reduced to renting in a cheap housing estate area. Didn't want to hear more so I finished my coffee and said Bye thanks for the coffee and 13 years of shit memories.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
ot mien kampf
Expatriate

Post by ot mien kampf »

LTO wrote:Not really funny or shocking, but maybe a little weird in an old SEA sort of way, brought to mind by the 'when I die' thread...

Sihanoukville 1995-96. Knew an Aussie known as Big John there. Covered with tattoos, probably a bikey, but at least to me and all with whom I saw him interact, a soft spoken, well liked, gentle sort of fellow. Probably had some history though I never heard an ill word. The kind of guy Gavin would call a 'top bloke.' He, like most, had a taste for the local girls, but he rather liked them on the older side, 30+, mamasans and such. He also liked to be in a 'relationship,' not a new girl every other day like many. He would stay with a girl 6 months or a year and then dump her for a change. He had been with the little mama from the Victoria brothel for about a year when he dumped her for a slightly younger model. The mama was very sad, but not really angry as she new his style. Yet she warned him repeatedly about the new one, how she was a dangerous player, but he didn't listen. Several months later John turned up murdered in his apartment in PP, clearly tortured, his dick in his mouth, shot with his own gun. Front page of Raksmei Kampuchea as a suicide. I don't know what happened to the body.

A year or two later, drinking late one night at Angkor Arms, the place closed at midnight (as it did back then) and there was no other place in town open except maybe the brothels. So I went up to Victoria, which was dead quiet. No customers. Just the little mama (John's ex) sitting out front and a couple of girls sleeping in their chairs. I stopped and ordered a beer and sat drinking with the little mama till the early hours. The conversation eventually turned to John, his strange barang ways, his insistence on eating barang food like hamburgers with ketchup and relish which she found odd and a bit disgusting, how she warned him about "that girl," and how she loved and missed him. She then mentioned that she was "taking care of him." I asked what that meant and she tried to describe it, but on my failing to understand she said "follow me." We went back to her room in the brothel, and there in the corner was a little shrine to John, a photo of him and incense, a couple of packs of cigarettes and an old bic lighter he had left, and a small pile of little condiment packages from some fast food place that he had probably brought himself from Thailand or Aus or somewhere - ketchup, relish, mustard, etc. She picked up one of the relish packages, talked of how he loved this one and began to cry. It was SEA weird and sweet and sad and brought a tear to my eye.
Shocking story, beautifully told. This is the kind of gold nugget that make these forums worth traipsing through.
ot mien kampf
Expatriate

Post by ot mien kampf »

juansweetpotato wrote:Someone I met in Vietnam was going out with what looked like a Vietnamese version of Borat's prostitute sister.
About 25, over dyed bright red hair, loud and gaudy clothes like Americans wear and a fair bit of weight on her.
He was the type of guy that liked to save money by borrowing cigarettes etc off other tourists. He decided to move into her parents house in HCM to save a bit of money by not paying for a hotel room. Well, after about 4 weeks, I saw him again and was asking how it was going and if he was managing to save any money. He said no. in fact it' was costing him about 4 times more. Apparently they even had granny shave her head so they could say she had cancer and could he help with the hospital bills.

LTO reminded me of another murder. This time it was at the afore mentioned Angkor Inn, almost opposite the old Freedom bar.
I can't remember too many of the details, so perhaps LTO would like to post about it.
It involved a GF that wanted to murder her barang BF and arranged with the Angkor Inn management to do the deed on it's premises.
One of those golden rules in SE Asia. If you want to stay in "the village" you have to be gone within the week or people will very quickly tire of you, the strange outsider, and you'll sink right to the bottom of the social order. That means never more than 5-7 days at a time with a longer break between visits the longer you spend there. This applies to EVERYONE no matter what race you are, unless you're related to some villagers by blood. Fucking dumbass should have realized that no one likes a lodger who doesn't pay rent. If you want the locals to respect you, you have to go and be the salt-of-the-Earth self-made villager like them and actually work and pay your way.

Following on from that, the single most pathetic thing in the world is how men go gaga over women who are not spectacular looking, not particularly good people, not outwardly affectionate, and a giant monetary sink with no serious employment prospects. Thinking with your dick may be dangerous, but thinking with your heart is fatal. Women have "bad boys" they think they can save, men have bar girls they think they can save.

99.9% of the time they don't actually respect you for giving them shit. They think you're a gullible idiot. Growing up for decades in a place with very little and where jao who steal an old moto get killed, they're going to think you're a fucking leprechaun with a bottomless pot of gold if you turn up and buy everything for them for no work at all. A barang sees himself as a benevolent philanthropist, the girl sees him as a bipedal wallet who gives them more money than they've ever known for no effort. And they absolutely know that there are dumber, younger, richer barang out there.

This is cynical as hell, but actually put your brain in gear. The girl's brother who is working for peanuts on a construction site is part of the Khmer equilibrium. The girl's mother who is working a barely subsistence farm with 6 cows is part of the Khmer equilibrium. A 40 something barang who (I hope to god) has a half decent next egg in the bank and just got the stamp on his 6 month visa is not part of the Khmer equilibrium. If he wants to become part of the Khmer equilibrium, that means the money has to shift from his bank to her and her family.

I'm not saying that it's impossible to find a girl who won't do this, especially now that places like BKK and Phnom Penh are global cities and many people are now growing up totally urbanized, but it isn't "because she's a bitch" that dooms most of these relationships. It's because the barang men and their money come very easy to the women and hence the women put little value in them. Whereas traditionally these women would have to cultivate an appearance of being worth their (usually very high) bride price. No man would want an unfaithful bitch if he had to impoverish his family to get married.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

ot mien kampf wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:Someone I met in Vietnam was going out with what looked like a Vietnamese version of Borat's prostitute sister.
About 25, over dyed bright red hair, loud and gaudy clothes like Americans wear and a fair bit of weight on her.
He was the type of guy that liked to save money by borrowing cigarettes etc off other tourists. He decided to move into her parents house in HCM to save a bit of money by not paying for a hotel room. Well, after about 4 weeks, I saw him again and was asking how it was going and if he was managing to save any money. He said no. in fact it' was costing him about 4 times more. Apparently they even had granny shave her head so they could say she had cancer and could he help with the hospital bills.

LTO reminded me of another murder. This time it was at the afore mentioned Angkor Inn, almost opposite the old Freedom bar.
I can't remember too many of the details, so perhaps LTO would like to post about it.
It involved a GF that wanted to murder her barang BF and arranged with the Angkor Inn management to do the deed on it's premises.
One of those golden rules in SE Asia. If you want to stay in "the village" you have to be gone within the week or people will very quickly tire of you, the strange outsider, and you'll sink right to the bottom of the social order. That means never more than 5-7 days at a time with a longer break between visits the longer you spend there. This applies to EVERYONE no matter what race you are, unless you're related to some villagers by blood. Fucking dumbass should have realized that no one likes a lodger who doesn't pay rent. If you want the locals to respect you, you have to go and be the salt-of-the-Earth self-made villager like them and actually work and pay your way.

Following on from that, the single most pathetic thing in the world is how men go gaga over women who are not spectacular looking, not particularly good people, not outwardly affectionate, and a giant monetary sink with no serious employment prospects. Thinking with your dick may be dangerous, but thinking with your heart is fatal. Women have "bad boys" they think they can save, men have bar girls they think they can save.

99.9% of the time they don't actually respect you for giving them shit. They think you're a gullible idiot. Growing up for decades in a place with very little and where jao who steal an old moto get killed, they're going to think you're a fucking leprechaun with a bottomless pot of gold if you turn up and buy everything for them for no work at all. A barang sees himself as a benevolent philanthropist, the girl sees him as a bipedal wallet who gives them more money than they've ever known for no effort. And they absolutely know that there are dumber, younger, richer barang out there.

This is cynical as hell, but actually put your brain in gear. The girl's brother who is working for peanuts on a construction site is part of the Khmer equilibrium. The girl's mother who is working a barely subsistence farm with 6 cows is part of the Khmer equilibrium. A 40 something barang who (I hope to god) has a half decent next egg in the bank and just got the stamp on his 6 month visa is not part of the Khmer equilibrium. If he wants to become part of the Khmer equilibrium, that means the money has to shift from his bank to her and her family.

I'm not saying that it's impossible to find a girl who won't do this, especially now that places like BKK and Phnom Penh are global cities and many people are now growing up totally urbanized, but it isn't "because she's a bitch" that dooms most of these relationships. It's because the barang men and their money come very easy to the women and hence the women put little value in them. Whereas traditionally these women would have to cultivate an appearance of being worth their (usually very high) bride price. No man would want an unfaithful bitch if he had to impoverish his family to get married.
great post :bow:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

ot mien kampf wrote:

I can't fault any of that. Especially your last sentence. Another great CEO post. NO CHEESE :thumb:
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Great post but totally wrong thread. It would be much more adapted to "buy a cow and save for a buffalo" thread. It is stories we are after here.
ruralvoice
Expatriate

Post by ruralvoice »

I would like to respond to this thread, but first I would like to know if the mods agree with Bds and intend to move it or leave it here. If you do move it how about a totally new thread like long term village stays by barangs or some title that has a little more quintessential pizzazz.
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

ruralvoice wrote:I would like to respond to this thread, but first I would like to know if the mods agree with Bds and intend to move it or leave it here. If you do move it how about a totally new thread like long term village stays by barangs or some title that has a little more quintessential pizzazz.
Respond away. The mods aren't content curators - discussions exist where they arise. Though posts may sometimes be re-categorized when they need to be.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
ruralvoice
Expatriate

Post by ruralvoice »

Thank you Grinch. Nonetheless I will still wait for a mod decision to yea or nay a recategoriztion.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic