Your Most Shocking/ Funniest/ Weirdest GF/BF Stories From SE Asia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Re: Your Most Shocking/ Funniest/ Weirdest GF/BF Stories From SE Asia

Post by juansweetpotato »

Someone I met in Vietnam was going out with what looked like a Vietnamese version of Borat's prostitute sister.
About 25, over dyed bright red hair, loud and gaudy clothes like Americans wear and a fair bit of weight on her.
He was the type of guy that liked to save money by borrowing cigarettes etc off other tourists. He decided to move into her parents house in HCM to save a bit of money by not paying for a hotel room. Well, after about 4 weeks, I saw him again and was asking how it was going and if he was managing to save any money. He said no. in fact it' was costing him about 4 times more. Apparently they even had granny shave her head so they could say she had cancer and could he help with the hospital bills.

LTO reminded me of another murder. This time it was at the afore mentioned Angkor Inn, almost opposite the old Freedom bar.
I can't remember too many of the details, so perhaps LTO would like to post about it.
It involved a GF that wanted to murder her barang BF and arranged with the Angkor Inn management to do the deed on it's premises.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

juansweetpotato wrote:LTO reminded me of another murder. This time it was at the afore mentioned Angkor Inn, almost opposite the old Freedom bar.
I can't remember too many of the details, so perhaps LTO would like to post about it.
It involved a GF that wanted to murder her barang BF and arranged with the Angkor Inn management to do the deed on it's premises.
I knew the Angkor Inn. Was there the day it opened. I don't think it existed at the same time as the Freedom which was much later, but not sure about that. Don't know anything about a murder plot or the story you tell.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Great stories. I'll share one later when I get the time.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

LTO wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:LTO reminded me of another murder. This time it was at the afore mentioned Angkor Inn, almost opposite the old Freedom bar.
I knew the Angkor Inn. Was there the day it opened. I don't think it existed at the same time as the Freedom which was much later, but not sure about that. Don't know anything about a murder plot or the story you tell.
Perhaps I'm thinking of the Angkor Hotel? On the corner of Ekreich and the road Freedom bar was on. Next to the moto renters/persistent card players.

Well, I suppose I wrote the gist of the story anyway, I think it happened in the very early 00's. I've heard a few really dodgey stories about that place.
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

Judging from your location description, you may have the place correct. Where the Angkor Inn used to be (near the corner of Ekareach) is almost opposite (across the street) from where the Freedom Hotel would be later. I just don't know if they existed at the same time. Angkor Inn opened in early 96. Don't know exactly when Freedom opened or when Angkor Inn finally closed its doors. I think Freedom opened after Angkor Inn was already closed, but not sure.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
rick_o'shea
Expatriate

Post by rick_o'shea »

A guy I knew when I first arrived 8 years ago was a friend of a friend. He was a druggie, and was constantly high or bouncing from one drug to get up and another to get down so he could go to teach. We've all met these guys, they were everywhere - maybe still are, I don't know, as I rarely get out partying and don't work in a place that employs those kind of people. But this guy was smart and highly qualified too - he just loved the drugs and iced up hos.
Anyway, he'd been seeing one of these crazy girls for a while, and was trying to shake her off. She became hysterical and wouldn't accept that it was over, and when he insisted she leave his place and not come back, she jumped off the first floor (E1) balcony and broke both ankles.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

juansweetpotato wrote: He decided to move into her parents house in HCM to save a bit of money by not paying for a hotel room..............

:lol: I knew where that was going!

Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Time for the second one..

There was a wild english man who did some jail time here for assassination of another expat but was freed after about a year without going to court (must be a buried thread avout this in kh440). He had a long time girl friend and was running a bar with her in a provincial town. That lasted a few years but with a very weak health from his stay in the jail and a very tight money situation, he finaly had to go back to england where he passed away shortly after.
We met his widow who was back in phnom penh for a few years after that, in her mid thirties, she was more into trying to push her sisters, cousins etc than herself and seemed to be going fast on the downhill of her life.
After many years not seeing her, she reappeared out of the blue, all pimped up with golden swiss watch and expensive jewlery.
Her Facebook feed quickly proved it wasn't fake bling as it showed her traveling first class around the world, her new husband's exotic cars collection etc..
I can't recall how she met him but I am still amazed at some local lass life stories who like her can jump from a destitute barang to a multi millionaire if not billionaire. Who needs the american dream when you have the khmer dream to hope for ?
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

rick_o'shea wrote:A guy I knew when I first arrived 8 years ago was a friend of a friend. He was a druggie, and was constantly high or bouncing from one drug to get up and another to get down so he could go to teach. We've all met these guys, they were everywhere - maybe still are, I don't know, as I rarely get out partying and don't work in a place that employs those kind of people. But this guy was smart and highly qualified too - he just loved the drugs and iced up hos.
Anyway, he'd been seeing one of these crazy girls for a while, and was trying to shake her off. She became hysterical and wouldn't accept that it was over, and when he insisted she leave his place and not come back, she jumped off the first floor (E1) balcony and broke both ankles.
Shit! I hope he did the decent thing and married her. Definitely in the weird category that one. :thumb:

I guess it's now safe to tell everyone the one important point I forgot about my thread intro story. It was that the guy decided to have a kid with the women that arranged his head to be smashed in, after she had arranged to have his head smashed in! It's hard to imagine how I forgot that point because it was the jaw-dropper for me at the time.
HWpogi
Tourist

Post by HWpogi »

This is story from the Philippines. My best friend brought his GF to USA they were going to get married but the girls filipina friends keep telling her you can do better he's poor. Air carft Mechanic. She some how gets introduced to a Plastic Surgeon in Beverly Hills hes worth around $20,000,000 has a mansion in BH. They get married and with in 6 mos shes screwing a young Filipino guy. The Dr gets marriage annulled and cancels her VISA . She has to leave and go back to the Philippines. She now has 3 kids and lives in a squatter area. And sell's sweet potato's to make money for food.

They are so self destructive.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic