Underage Trafficked Girl Rescued from Fishbowl Brothel in Cambodia (as told by Exodus Road NGO)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Re: Underage Trafficked Girl Rescued from Fishbowl Brothel in Cambodia (as told by Exodus Road NGO)

Post by juansweetpotato »

Rutiger wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:
Rutiger wrote: What percentage of NGO rescues have to meet your idea of "genuine" in order to say it is a worthy organization?
100%.
So you are saying if an NGO conducted 1000s of suspected brothel raids and only 50% of them resulted in actual human trafficking victims being freed from captivity, you would dismiss that NGO as a corrupt failure, regardless if that 50% effectiveness meant hundreds of girls were genuinely rescued? That's just plain nonsense.
No, what you just wrote is. Asian's don't much like foreigners involving themselves in their successful businesses. Cambodia is pure Al Capone. You are just trying to clutch at straws to prove your point.

The white stuff has almost been eradicated IMO. They had some success there, but in the anti-industry they are just playing for money now. In the pro-industry It's not only the white and Japanese-customers that have the money now.

Cambodians are staunchly conservative by nature and the idea of giving up the advantages of lucky virgin blood or if you fuck a kid you will obtain some of their health and vigor isn't going away anytime soon. Cambodians in general don't mind because it's only poor people. Or people from another province, tribe or country.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Rutiger
Expatriate

Re: Underage Trafficked Girl Rescued from Fishbowl Brothel in Cambodia (as told by Exodus Road NGO)

Post by Rutiger »

juansweetpotato wrote:
Rutiger wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:
Rutiger wrote: What percentage of NGO rescues have to meet your idea of "genuine" in order to say it is a worthy organization?
100%.
So you are saying if an NGO conducted 1000s of suspected brothel raids and only 50% of them resulted in actual human trafficking victims being freed from captivity, you would dismiss that NGO as a corrupt failure, regardless if that 50% effectiveness meant hundreds of girls were genuinely rescued? That's just plain nonsense.
No, what you just wrote is. Asian's don't much like foreigners involving themselves in their successful businesses. Cambodia is pure Al Capone. You are just trying to clutch at straws to prove your point.

The white stuff has almost been eradicated IMO. They had some success there, but in the anti-industry they are just playing for money now. In the pro-industry It's not only the white and Japanese-customers that have the money now.

Cambodians are staunchly conservative by nature and the idea of giving up the advantages of lucky virgin blood or if you fuck a kid you will obtain some of their health and vigor isn't going away anytime soon. Cambodians in general don't mind because it's only poor people. Or people from another province, tribe or country.
I have absolutely no idea what your going on about. None whatsoever. You are all over the place and nothing you type is well thought out or even coherent. No point in my continuing this discussion.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Rutiger wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:
Rutiger wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:
100%.

I have absolutely no idea what your going on about. None whatsoever. You are all over the place and nothing you type is well thought out or even coherent. No point in my continuing this discussion.

My main point above is that it isn't going away because western NGO's are on the case. 99.9% of it nowadays is Asian on Asian and the NGO's have very little to no effect.

Are there NGO's out there that are doing a good job of saving underage victims? Who f'in knows as so many of them lie, cheat and steal that they have obscured the truth. Like beggars that already have money, now I don't know who to give the money to.

Sorry if I'm confusing you as it's not my intention, but it's what I think about it all and it is all over the place for sure. I think its very healthy to have someone argue for and against things.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

I understood perfectly. Seems coherent & on point. Asians abuse & traffic Asians. NGO's (some) take the $ and run. Or drive a Range Rover to the local bordello. :beer2:
ot mien kampf
Expatriate

Post by ot mien kampf »

Rutiger wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:
Rutiger wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:
100%.

What a cop out. You know exactly what he means.

The idea of an epidemic of young girls being trafficked solely for Westerners is long dead despite the NGO industry increasing their rhetoric year on year. The place where there genuinely is an issue is the provinces with local peasants being trafficked for other Khmer, but no one will ever touch those because it's a Khmer-vs-Khmer issue and intrusion is met with a brick wall.

I've never lived the bar girl lifestyle but in my experience I've never seen a single woman who even looked <18 at a Western focused establishment or the large, above board KTV ones with huge neon lights. The closest thing are the genetically short and petite girls who are probably also suffering from stunted growth, who the NGOs like to call 14 when they walk up 136 street for 2 minutes.

What's a more severe but less puritan issue is general child labor by children who are too young to be working. Like the story of the 16 year old who killed some other kids in Siem Reap in January, he apparently had a row over a girl with another 16 year old he'd met while working in Thailand years before. You have children who travel across half the country or outside it and start working adult manual labor at 10 or 11, and much of the time its the Khmer elite and not their parents who are employing them in farms and businesses. Anyone who has been near a car wash here knows that it's usually a team of young boys being ordered around by a pot belly middle aged man who is making the real money and its completely out in the open, the first time I saw it was walking from BKK to a trendy restaurant in Phnom Penh.

However sexless stories don't sell. They'd rather chase mythical underage KTV trafficking and shout SEX ABUSE than fix the obvious child labor that washes their SUV every week. These NGOs have found a niche and will do anything to keep it open rather than trying to address issues that are now holding the country back.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Deleted because under-aged and legal aged started to get too confused.
Last edited by juansweetpotato on Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Post by mammothboy2 »

J-S-P may or may not be familiar with the Abacus Road area of our beloved SR.

There is an unbelievable proliferation of the sort of loud-music & overpriced-food nocturnal entertainment enterprises which involve lavishly-made-up
young ladies in shorts sitting on either side of the doorway.

All this is very very new.

Some of these enterprises feature searchlights probing the night skies so we no longer fear Zeppelin raids.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

mammothboy2 wrote:
Some of these enterprises feature searchlights probing the night skies so we no longer fear Zeppelin raids.
A zeppelin raid while visiting a local KTV joint is my worst nightmare :shock:

LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

John Bingham wrote:How many 15 year-old presumably Vietnamese kids know how to write "please rescue me" in English. The story sounds made up.
Nailed it 3rd post.

Zero.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

LTO wrote:
John Bingham wrote:How many 15 year-old presumably Vietnamese kids know how to write "please rescue me" in English. The story sounds made up.
Nailed it 3rd post.

Zero.
You should have high-fived him. Feel free to attack my posts BTW. :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic