Luxury helicopter service for Koh Rong

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Luxury helicopter service for Koh Rong

Post by Anchor Moy »

Cambodia will see its first Bell Helicopter introduced into the luxury tourism market by the first quarter of 2017 after the Texas-based aerospace manufacturer inked a $1.3 million deal with a private operator set to fly well-heeled tourists to a resort under development on Koh Rong, an island off the Kingdom’s southern coast.

Representatives of Bell said yesterday that the company signed a letter of intent earlier this month for the sale of a Bell 505 Jet Ranger X helicopter to VIP Jets. The Bangkok-based company is headed by Swiss-Thai businessman Luzi Matzig, who has entered into a joint-venture agreement with Kith Meng’s The Royal Group to develop the high-end Royal Sands resort on Koh Rong.

The helicopter will be operated by Helicopter Cambodia, an aviation charter company that Royal Group acquired a stake in about 18 months ago, according to its chief executive, Kevin Treloar.

He said that the aircraft would be used to increase access to the $40 million resort development, which is located about 25 kilometres from Sihanoukville in the Gulf of Thailand.

“This will be the first helicopter dedicated for a resort and the first based on the southern coast, and will be used primarily to carry passengers to the Royal Sands,” Treloar said...
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/c ... e-koh-rong
So the resort will be up and running in the first quarter of 2017 ? Anyone know about the progress out there ?
Oh, just realised that that's the same group that hasn't yet built their boat piers...
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Re: Luxury helicopter service for Koh Rong

Post by Kuroneko »

Anchor Moy wrote: So the resort will be up and running in the first quarter of 2017 ?
What could possibly Koh Rong :D

kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

^ I normally don't appreciate your cat jokes but this one made me chuckle.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

catmiside
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i had some guy at the pier the other week say i could travel to PP via private helicopter...
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

They're having a big debate about who owns what on Koh Rong, so really sweet FA is happening now. Apparently they will review all titles and anyone who has a deed pre 2008 and lives on it should be ok to stay. Which means until all that faff is done he can't go round bulldozing people's coconut trees and hacking chunks out of the mountain. So the Sok San bit with bungalows should be ok, jury's still out on the surrounding infrastructure. And then there's the recent beach obsession, that's another whole can of worms on the island.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

cptrelentless wrote:They're having a big debate about who owns what on Koh Rong, so really sweet FA is happening now. Apparently they will review all titles and anyone who has a deed pre 2008 and lives on it should be ok to stay. Which means until all that faff is done he can't go round bulldozing people's coconut trees and hacking chunks out of the mountain. So the Sok San bit with bungalows should be ok, jury's still out on the surrounding infrastructure. And then there's the recent beach obsession, that's another whole can of worms on the island.
Well, at least they've got the helicopter sorted ...
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:i had some guy at the pier the other week say i could travel to PP via private helicopter...
you can

I think it is based at sokha beach resort
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

SinnSisamouth wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:i had some guy at the pier the other week say i could travel to PP via private helicopter...
you can

I think it is based at sokha beach resort
Probably. Quite often see helicopters flying in that direction late morning. I always assumed that it was for lunch.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic