Thailand tourist numbers still strong

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Thailand tourist numbers still strong

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote:jamie;'

You really must get out more as i said, its couples and families now , what i will give you is there seem to be more Girls ( traveling together) in their 20's ) than there ever have been before

Nothing to do with fb.
according to my trip adviser ive been to 181 cities in 23 different countries, ive hardly lived a sheltered life

were generations apart old timer :twisted: your experience/knowledge regards to facebook will be somewhat different than mine, unless your facebook (if you even have it) is full of youths in their 20's....
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

kiwiincambodia wrote:
Rutiger wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote: which is annoying as youve started getting all the crowds that used to fuck off to Ibiza, Nappa, Magaluf, Malia every year, and those annoying cunts are everywhere here being their cuntish selves looking like cunts, fuck off

4-5 years ago half these cunts would never have even though about going to the likes of Thailand, but now its a really popular thing to do, the whole hipster "selfie" generation, c'mon you must have seen the tools...
indeed we have. Bloody hipsters. Can't escape them.

[img]http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy94/peterhoganscorpse/ibiza%20hipsters_zpss5dxp7pd.jpg[/img]

Sent from my MS Paint Studio via Cut and Paste just to annoy Jamie. :thumb:
Hahahahahahaha

I just spat coffee all over my laptop.
Sent from my MS Paint Studio via Cut and Paste just to annoy Jamie.
:plus1: :plus1: :plus1: :plus1: :plus1: :hattip:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Thailand tourist numbers still BS

Post by sigmoid »

International tourist arrivals rose 15.45% in the first three months of 2016 from a year earlier and are expected to grow 13% in the current quarter, an official at the Tourism Authority of Thailand said on Monday.
Sorry, but an official at the Tourism Authority of Thailand is not a valid source of information.

Especially when published in the "Bangkok Post'.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
ot mien kampf
Expatriate

Post by ot mien kampf »

An endless stream of suckers for the mobs of 32 year olds to punch.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: RE: Re: Thailand tourist numbers still strong

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:jamie;
before i came to thailand about 4 years ago i knew about 4 people who had been before, my friend para john, my cousin, my friend whos half thai, and dino, but now with the "anyone can go backpacking boom" of recent years fueled by the likes of facebook
MY god, you must have a very limited, unworldly group of friends LOL The "backapacking boom" of recent years hahhahahahaha
ive helped loads of people out coming over here,
Let me be the first to say Thanks. :thumb:
i am sure without you and fb no one would be here. :stir:

BTW if u discount the 25% Chinese tourist that arrived last year (nearly 7 million of them) there were more tourists vacationing here in the early 2000, way before you "discovered" this wonderful country

There are MANY more couples, families, groups visiting Thailand than Backpacker types and i doubt fb or you had anything to do with them visiting
again another person that didnt really understand my post, im talking about the crowd that thailand is attracting now (if you had carried on and quoted the full sentence)...
which is annoying as youve started getting all the crowds that used to fuck off to Ibiza, Nappa, Magaluf, Malia every year, and those annoying cunts are everywhere here being their cuntish selves looking like cunts, fuck off
4-5 years ago half these cunts would never have even though about going to the likes of Thailand, but now its a really popular thing to do, the whole hipster "selfie" generation, c'mon you must have seen the tools...
[img]https://scontent-nrt1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13167_10153287211756535_7397264808110140871_n.jpg?oh=4b6ee0475ad055860e080bc0fcc2d66d&oe=57B8EDAD[/img]

yes people have always gone travelling, people have always gone backpacking, i never said they didnt
No offence, but these types have been coming to the area for ages. Nothing new. In fact, I thought you were one if them at first glance ;-)
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

were generations apart old timer :twisted: your experience/knowledge regards to facebook will be somewhat different than mine,...
Thank god. i dont think anyone ( except family) that is on my fb is under 45

BUT what does fb have to do with on the ground tourists?
as above, ( looking at your pic with the hat) you all have been coming to Thailand dressing in those fucking stupid hats since the late 90's :beer3:

Numbers grow regardless of what happens ( they ONLY slowed the year after the Tsunami) what has changed is the demographics of those coming and i think they are spending less than they did/person than back in the early 2000. Chinese now account for over 25% of the total and they leave very little $$ on the ground so to speak.
s everything is prebooked.

Just for fun,i looked at the number of cities i had been to.... over 1,000. ( i'd say i visited over 500 before i was 30) (4 trips to Europe, 3 overland trips Amsterdam Kathmandu ), lived in and traveled thru much of north /central Africa, 48 of 50 of the states. Must admit didn't make it to Thailand till i was 32, Burma, Laos & Cambodia at 38
countries somewhere around 80
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic