British English Teacher Paul Seston Found Dead in Phnom Penh After Walking Across Town

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: British English Teacher Paul Seston Found Dead in Phnom Penh After Walking Across Town

Post by kiwiincambodia »

How can it be his daughter but the woman isn't the mother and she has the kid?

Do you mean he thought it was his kid but it wasn't it was the woman's with her Khmer boyfriend?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: British English Teacher Paul Seston Found Dead in Phnom Penh After Walking Across Town

Post by General Mackevili »

kiwiincambodia wrote:How can it be his daughter but the woman isn't the mother and she has the kid?

Do you mean he thought it was his kid but it wasn't it was the woman's with her Khmer boyfriend?
Welcome to CEO, Barang.

Yeah, I'm a bit confused. If it's not her kid, that sounds like kidnapping. Is that what you're saying?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Re: British English Teacher Paul Seston Found Dead in Phnom Penh After Walking Across Town

Post by willyhilly »

I too would urge the family to have him created and support the child. He must have lived Cambodia, why not scatter his ashes on the Mekong?
StungTrengBooBarang
Expatriate

Post by StungTrengBooBarang »

From what i got told it seemed like a case of kidnapping,
I never knew his woes as he sat at Nicks bar most nights.
As far as i have been told it was his child and it was not known if she was the biological mother, it could be just the way she was acting that started some to assume that a normal khmer mother is less likely to kidnap their own flesh, so i will attempt to find out facts from other sources.
He had told thelocal khmer whom i know in a past private discussion about his sadness, due to his wife had not only found another boyfriend, but had taken his daughter away and was not letting him know the childs whereabouts. Again i dont know if he was scared the mother will abuse the child or the boyfriend, or was just plain scared as most parents would be.

I will now need to ask the local he told when i see them to recount the story, and get a time frame of just how long the childs dissapearance was up his death.

as i never knew about this until he died, i dont know if he had reported it to the police.

Is there some public record compiled by an ngo that lists missing people in cambodia that non-police/ngos can access online?

in the province you rely on abc radio to broadcast a missing child rather than bothering to file a police report.

Sorry for all the 'i was told' lines, as it got told to me and now cannot confirm with Paul.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: British English Teacher Paul Seston Found Dead in Phnom Penh After Walking Across Town

Post by General Mackevili »

StungTrengBooBarang wrote:
Is there some public record compiled by an ngo that lists missing people in cambodia that non-police/ngos can access online?
Not that I know of.

I was also under the impression that the Cambodian courts strongly favor the father in these cases, whether Barang or not.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StungTrengBooBarang
Expatriate

Now i get told that it was 3months before his death (around jan-feb)that he confided about his missing daughter and cheating wife.

And it was from 2 years earlier, so possibly somewhere around dec 2013-jan 2014 that kidnapping took place.

There could have been a complaint given to police, even a court case, but as Paul just seemed to sit at Nicks Bar and looked sad, i dont know if he told anyone else of english speaking background who i can now ask.

it wouldnt be polite to use facebook to contact his british relatives, and if its 2 years ago it will be hard to even id the correct child.

so sad
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

StungTrengBooBarang wrote:Now i get told that it was 3months before his death (around jan-feb)that he confided about his missing daughter and cheating wife.

And it was from 2 years earlier, so possibly somewhere around dec 2013-jan 2014 that kidnapping took place.

There could have been a complaint given to police, even a court case, but as Paul just seemed to sit at Nicks Bar and looked sad, i dont know if he told anyone else of english speaking background who i can now ask.

it wouldnt be polite to use facebook to contact his british relatives, and if its 2 years ago it will be hard to even id the correct child.

so sad
Hi,
Do you have any idea where you are going with this ? Do you want to find the girl and introduce her to her British relatives ? Make sure the kid is ok or what ? Are you ready to take some responsibility ? It could all be very traumatic.
I agree it's very sad, but if something was to be done, it should have been done by Paul I think. Unless his Brit family know about her and are concerned, and then surely they would have contacted someone in Cambodia when Paul died.
From what you've said, I'd go with leave it alone. Possibly see if you can track down Nick on FB and see if he knows anything definite. But it seems like too much hearsay, too long ago. IMO, good for you for giving a shit, but you can't fix everything.
Also possible that someone concerned might see your posts here. Never know.
StungTrengBooBarang
Expatriate

Thank you, sorry yes if i was told it was from 2.5 years ago prior to posting i may not have mentioned it, i believed it was a current event and needed attention.

cheers
Monks
Tourist

Post by Monks »

I wish to clarify all this slanderous talk about kidnapping as I am the boy friend talked about and my my wife is the mother of the child the allegations are made towards.

Firstly I would like to let everyone know that Paul was a good step father.
To set things straight paul knew exactly where his step daughter and her mother was but chose to live in the capital away from them.

I wish to state that the comments made here have greatly hurt the people concerned including the little girl who does not understand why people would say such things.

To clarify people's concerns about her she is very well looked after as she is a only child and my wife and I love her with all our heart and have been providing a good and healthy life style for her.

As for the English realatives they knew my wife and did not even tell her about Pauls death as she found out months later from a friend let alone try and help or support Pauls step daughter.

I also wish to say how much I am disappointed in this forum allowing people to place slanderous comments and not have them removed once requested.
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

Step daughter or biological daughter?

Monks is full of shit

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic