Water Shortages in Sihanoukville

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Water Shortages in Sihanoukville

Post by SinnSisamouth »

let me guess you were an engineer and consultant to the water industry for 15 years. blah blah blah

wind your neck it you crusty old cretin

any reservoirs for human consumption would not be near salt water for fear of contamination. that one has a direct link to the sea
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

just wait till all the dams on the Mekong are built by the Chinese and the tonle sap dries up,
half the country will starve
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: RE: Re: Water Shortages in Sihanoukville

Post by epidemiks »

SinnSisamouth wrote:let me guess you were an engineer and consultant to the water industry for 15 years. blah blah blah

any reservoirs for human consumption would not be near salt water for fear of contamination. that one has a direct link to the sea
This lake? http://m.phnompenhpost.com/post-propert ... -lake-sale

"Sotheary added that this lake has long been an important source for residents, especially in the dry season when taps can run dry. In 2013, Sihanoukville faced a water shortage that lasted almost a week."

Not used for mains water supply according to that statement.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

phuketrichard wrote:just wait till all the dams on the Mekong are built by the Chinese and the tonle sap dries up,
half the country will starve
Only the poor half.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

epidemiks wrote:
SinnSisamouth wrote:let me guess you were an engineer and consultant to the water industry for 15 years. blah blah blah

"Sotheary added that this lake has long been an important source for residents, especially in the dry season when taps can run dry. In 2013, Sihanoukville faced a water shortage that lasted almost a week."

interesting that they called it a reservoir as that would imply that its been damned or altered to hold and control the water.

either way its low
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jacobincambodia »

Is this the "reservoir?" This was taken this afternoon. Looking pretty bleak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Thats pretty dry, wonder whats the water level at kabal chhay
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Yesterday saw 3 persons with net presumably gathering what fish are left. Appx. 10 meter net with 1 each end & 1 middle. 1 in middle was just waist deep. 2 on ends
knee deep.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

my water pressure seems to have returned, will see how much is left after i wash my laundry lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

SinnSisamouth wrote:
epidemiks wrote:

interesting that they called it a reservoir as that would imply that its been damned or altered to hold and control the water.

either way its low
It IS damned (just before the turn up to where the monkeys are) but not enough to keep millions of gallons from flowing into the sea when its fuller than now
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic