American Tourist Michael Farabaugh Dies of Drug Overdose on Street 136 at Amari Hotel, Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
KampotBound
Expatriate

Re: American Tourist Michael Farabaugh Dies of Drug Overdose on Street 136 at Amari Hotel, Phnom Penh

Post by KampotBound »

US. Dope, heroin, chiva (when dealing with Hondurans), smack, tar (western us), scramble (cheap east coast dope), China white (now usually fentanyl cut heroin). We don't call it heroin when buying here, we usually call it dope, but it can be regional.

Others: "boy" for heroin (NYC area), "girl" is blow (NYC area).

Dope is the standard name in my area. Then again i been out of the game long enough maybe the kids have a new term for it.
KampotBound
Expatriate

Re: American Tourist Michael Farabaugh Dies of Drug Overdose on Street 136 at Amari Hotel, Phnom Penh

Post by KampotBound »

bolueeleh wrote:
KampotBound wrote:Also - if you're going to do dope anywhere, always do a tiny amount first to be sure it's not something else or too strong for you.
if someone doing dope has that kind of sensibility, he / she will not be doing dope anyway
Pretty true, but any junkie i knew that was in the game for ten years or more did so. That's why they were still alive. There's a few junkies with some sense. But, yeah, gotta agree most don't.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

A Message from Sargent Stadanko.

"Uh…hiya kids, uh…thank you for inviting me…my name is Sargent Stadanko, and I am a narcotics officer. Now uh, I have in front of me a green leafy substance uh… which I’m going to light…now uh, can any of you guess what it is?"
"Now uh, as you know this drug I have in front of me is called marijuana, or uh, as they call in the hippie world, pot. Do you know any other names for it?"

"reefer! apucopulco gold! homegrown! nah man its mitchican, man i can smell it!"

"That’s very good! Now kids uh, let me level with you, this stuff will give you brain damage. I know they’ve had other tests which uh, show that it doesn’t harm you, but uh, don’t let it fool you, this stuff is dangerous. And uh, remember, ONLY DOPES USE DOPE! Okay now uh, does anybody have any questions?"

Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Anyone staying at the Ameri on St. #136 are not very smart. In the past they tried to steal my car when I checked in by palming my car keys. Just by chance I caught them when they were driving away. The beds are also full of bed-bugs. If you check on the internet, people have had things stolen out of their rooms at this hotel. From what I understand it is owned by a high up policeman and protected. There are so many other good places why stay at this nest of crooks.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

KampotBound wrote:US. Dope, heroin, chiva (when dealing with Hondurans), smack, tar (western us), scramble (cheap east coast dope), China white (now usually fentanyl cut heroin). We don't call it heroin when buying here, we usually call it dope, but it can be regional.

Dope is the standard name in my area. Then again i been out of the game long enough maybe the kids have a new term for it.
Dope just means an illegal drug, its no singular thing its a collective noun... Dope can mean weed or heroin or even steroids :thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
KampotBound wrote:US. Dope, heroin, chiva (when dealing with Hondurans), smack, tar (western us), scramble (cheap east coast dope), China white (now usually fentanyl cut heroin). We don't call it heroin when buying here, we usually call it dope, but it can be regional.

Dope just means an illegal drug, its no singular thing its a collective noun... Dope can mean weed or heroin or even steroids :thumb:
NOT according to Kampotbound :stir:
BTW china white is a name for a particular brand of Heroin
We don't call it heroin when buying here,
oh really? so now ur dealing it ? :popcorn:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

phuketrichard wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:

ur a junkie? :popcorn:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:

Top Bloke :thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Username Taken wrote:A Message from Sargent Stadanko.

"Uh…hiya kids, uh…thank you for inviting me…my name is Sargent Stadanko, and I am a narcotics officer. Now uh, I have in front of me a green leafy substance uh… which I’m going to light…now uh, can any of you guess what it is?"
"Now uh, as you know this drug I have in front of me is called marijuana, or uh, as they call in the hippie world, pot. Do you know any other names for it?"

"reefer! apucopulco gold! homegrown! nah man its mitchican, man i can smell it!"

"That’s very good! Now kids uh, let me level with you, this stuff will give you brain damage. I know they’ve had other tests which uh, show that it doesn’t harm you, but uh, don’t let it fool you, this stuff is dangerous. And uh, remember, ONLY DOPES USE DOPE! Okay now uh, does anybody have any questions?"

Yeah, how much does a lid of weed cost in the city nowadays?

"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
KampotBound
Expatriate

Post by KampotBound »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:

Top Bloke :thumb:
I'm an ex-junkie, quit years ago. Still take an opioid blocker so i can't use.

I'm not the authority on what dope refers to, just my experience over the years. Yeah, we used to call weed dope in college. But once you're a junkie, for most - not all in the US - dope is heroin.

Thanks for the laughs - roasted me nicely!

I'll stay out of these conversations. I didn't need to be discussing old habits anyway. My bad.

No i don't and never have dealt. Not that I'm criticizing anyone who has, we all gotta eat. And someone had to sell me my dope back in the day.

China white is "pure" Heroin #4 from Asia, by most all "official" definitions. White, powdered, water soluble. Now it's used to misleadingly refer to fentanyl cut dope in the US, unless you have a high level supplier.

That said - drug terms are regional. One thing here means another thing there. One more reason to be super cautious with substances anywhere, esp., away from home.

Wow is it easy to get people to jump on something not well written on this forum! Makes for some great self-deprecating humor when i read it. I need the kick in the nuts. Glad you guys aren't shy!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic