A German man found dead at his rental room at Sihanukville

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Rama
Expatriate

Re: RE: Re: A German man found dead at his rental room at Sihanukville

Post by Rama »

viper wrote:I also suspect that a heart attack post mortem is used to help the next of kin save face and also avoids suspicion that druggies visit The K of W to score heavy duty shit. It's win/win, except for the dearly departed who could care less.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... +care+less

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: A German man found dead at his rental room at Sihanukville

Post by Anchor Moy »

Sometimes people just die. He was a big guy, 68 yo and it's hot. He was not a druggie, and he died peacefully in his room from all accounts. RIP.
viper
Expatriate

Post by viper »

Fair enough AM, but still there have been more heart attacks in The Kingdom of Wonder than in a geriatric ward.
viper
Expatriate

Post by viper »

Rams, I have no doubt that I'll be a much better person after having been referred to your dictionary. However.such pedantry went the way of the split Infinitive long ago and is hardly an appropriate guidebook for those of us who like a more relaxed colloquial English
In short I feel you squandered a wonderful chance to meaningfully contribute to the topic. But I could care less.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

jaynewcastle wrote:Lots of old decrepid men seeing out the last of their alcohol/drug induced shortened lives in SE Asia it seems
Yeah, what's all that about? Have they been reading too much Burroughs and Thompson.

I've got a feeling it''s where those compulsive liars we knew as teens went as well. Well, they must have gone somewhere no? They'd fit in very nicely in Asia I think, be a case of home at last.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic