Woman Killed by Machete During Wedding Brawl

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

She was killed at a wedding by someone throwing a machete? Strange custom. In the West we usually just throw uncooked rice grains after weddings for good luck.

BY SEK ODOM | APRIL 7, 2016 | អានជាភាសាខ្មែរ

A woman was killed by a machete thrown by an unidentified assailant during a wedding party in Kompong Speu province on Tuesday that descended into a brawl between relatives of the bride and groom, police said on Wednesday.

Ty Pov, deputy chief of police in Odong district, said 33-year-old Ses Sreydoeung, who was not related to the couple, was struck in the neck amid violence that broke out during a post-wedding dance party in the district on Tuesday evening.

“At about 9 p.m., when guests and relatives of the groom and bride were dancing together at the wedding party, someone who we have not yet identified became angry during the dance when they were accidentally hit. Then the fight started,” Mr. Pov said.

The brawl lasted for 10 minutes, he said, escalating to such a frenzy that revelers began hurling objects, including the machete.

“They took glasses to throw at the other side and then an unidentified person took a machete—from where, we don’t know yet—and threw it and it hit a woman who was standing nearby.”

Ses Sreydoeung succumbed to her wounds en route to the district referral hospital, Mr. Pov said, adding that police investigators were questioning all family members present during the fight in an effort to identify the machete-thrower.
https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/woma ... wl-110969/
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: Woman Killed by Machete During Wedding Brawl

Post by vladimir »

Someone should write a book about the wedding killings in this country.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Far out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Rutiger wrote:She was killed at a wedding by someone throwing a machete? Strange custom. In the West we usually just throw uncooked rice grains after weddings for good luck.

A woman was killed by a machete thrown by an unidentified assailant during a wedding party in Kompong Speu province on Tuesday that descended into a brawl between relatives of the bride and groom, police said on Wednesday.

Ty Pov, deputy chief of police in Odong district, said 33-year-old Ses Sreydoeung, who was not related to the couple, was struck in the neck amid violence that broke out during a post-wedding dance party in the district on Tuesday evening.

“At about 9 p.m., when guests and relatives of the groom and bride were dancing together at the wedding party, someone who we have not yet identified became angry during the dance when they were accidentally hit. Then the fight started,” Mr. Pov said.

The brawl lasted for 10 minutes, he said, escalating to such a frenzy that revelers began hurling objects, including the machete.

“They took glasses to throw at the other side and then an unidentified person took a machete—from where, we don’t know yet—and threw it and it hit a woman who was standing nearby.”

Ses Sreydoeung succumbed to her wounds en route to the district referral hospital, Mr. Pov said, adding that police investigators were questioning all family members present during the fight in an effort to identify the machete-thrower.

Fucking morons. Can't get away from them wherever you go. It's either "you lookin at my bird"? Or " You spilt my pint"" Or " You knocked into me" Only in KOW it ends up with a machete fight. In the UK it's normally just a glass in the face.
Big balls = tiny brain. In Cambodia the ball to brain ratio is somewhat larger than most.

I remember a few years ago in a venue downtown, there were two birthday parties on the same day and at the same time. One upstairs and one downstairs.

The one downstairs was for some bong thom's twat son, who when hearing the teenage girls party was having more fun than his, went upstairs and shot her.

I drive nice car. Very expensive. Me Big Man. Ug Ug. Then all the little slimey's follow him.
Last edited by juansweetpotato on Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I can see companies like Prudential and Manulife writing disclaimers for weddings soon.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Kratom123
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kratom123 »

Rutiger wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:21 am She was killed at a wedding by someone throwing a machete? Strange custom. In the West we usually just throw uncooked rice grains after weddings for good luck.

Sounds a bit like an Irish travellers wedding , everything going according to plan then somebody gets bumped on the dance floor , a heinous crime , then all shit breaks loose.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Actually very common behaviour in the UK.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

How would the bride and groom feel after that?
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Another good reason not to go to a Cambodian wedding...
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:06 am Another good reason not to go to a Cambodian wedding...
You mean have a Cambodian wedding?
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic