Eden Hostel on Serendipity Beach in Sihanoukville FOR SALE: $40,000

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: Eden Hostel on Serendipity Beach in Sihanoukville FOR SALE: $40,000

Post by bolueeleh »

didnt receive the eviction notice doesnt mean its safe, IMHO i am guessing its one of the compelling factors that the owner wanted to put up for sale now.
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Going to be a lot of businesses for sale. Anyone thinking of buying better educate themselves as to the changing rules and regulations.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I am seeing a lot of bars/restaurants/guesthouses on or near the beaches in Shk being advertised for sale on FB lately. The sellers get very defensive when people mention the planned evictions, saying things like "we are not being evicted because we have not received a letter," ,"our landlord has ensured us that our property is safe frome eviction" and other such nonsense.

Buyer beware, I will have no sympathy for anyone who buys one of these businesses without conducting thorough due dilligence.
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:Buyer beware, I will have no sympathy for anyone who buys one of these businesses without conducting thorough due dilligence.
Does that make the seller any less of a deceptive douchebag, though?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

This could be the reason so many trying to sell. New
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/23349/ ... ss-owners/
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Rutiger wrote:
PSD-Kiwi wrote:Buyer beware, I will have no sympathy for anyone who buys one of these businesses without conducting thorough due dilligence.
Does that make the seller any less of a deceptive douchebag, though?
No, the seller would be a c**t if they fail to disclose any information that may have a negative impact on the prospective new owners.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

beaker wrote:This could be the reason so many trying to sell. New
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/23349/ ... ss-owners/
Most of that isn't exactly new, it's just that they're trying to start enforcing it all more rigorously, just like the WP's. The reason they're all trying to sell is that they know eviction is inevitable and are trying to recover their costs or make a profit before it happens.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Eden Hostel on Serendipity Beach in Sihanoukville FOR SALE: $40,000

Post by General Mackevili »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:yeah Eden Hostel/Bar is behind Dolphin Shack/Star Palace/Sessions bars, its my friends place
Seems the owner should have just given a better answer to a legit question rather than tell them to shut the fuck up and only say something like, "well, we haven't gotten a letter about demolition yet..."
where did the owner say that?
Is this guy not the owner?

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Eden Hostel on Serendipity Beach in Sihanoukville FOR SALE: $40,000

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

General Mackevili wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:yeah Eden Hostel/Bar is behind Dolphin Shack/Star Palace/Sessions bars, its my friends place
Seems the owner should have just given a better answer to a legit question rather than tell them to shut the fuck up and only say something like, "well, we haven't gotten a letter about demolition yet..."
where did the owner say that?
Is this guy not the owner?

no the owner is a khmer lady called Sofar, the bar is on Dolphins Road that is (afaik) no where near the beach borderline thats being issued...
https://www.google.com.kh/maps/place/Kr ... da254362ed
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: RE: Re: Eden Hostel on Serendipity Beach in Sihanoukville FOR SALE: $40,000

Post by epidemiks »

frank lee bent wrote:the beds
omg
The whole place looks grim.

Jamie, perhaps tell the owner to put someone who isn't an arrogant wank faced cock in charge of dealing with potential buyers. This Andrea chap's charm offensive will surely hinder the sale.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic