Love or SeX

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Love or SeX

Post by prahkeitouj »

khmerre wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:
khmerre wrote:I would choose a great love relationship over a great sex relationship

but I dont think many western men would stay longer (how many months ?) in a great love relationship without sex. me too.
Only barangs or all men?
I think all men, but maybe you have to ask samouth about the khmer men.

PS
maybe the khmer stay longer in a great love relationship without sex, but having sex outside the relationship :facepalm:
I don't know.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: RE: Re: Love or SeX

Post by prahkeitouj »

Duncan wrote:Back on topic,,, no-one has mentioned the one item that is just as important as the sex/love. For me it is the equation that joins the two subjects [ sex @ love ] together yet can be just as important with either one or by it's self .
@ = Companionship
Don't you think you can live without sex, but you can't without love?
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

4000islandsguy wrote:Why do I get the feeling that 90% of the posters are just thrilled to talk to an Asian girl that mentioned sex?
What is the problem? Just talking? You never be a woman and woman never be a man.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

TheGrinchSR wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:Do Molems "love" their more than one wife equally?

I agree it is very possible to love more than one person ( i assume here we are talking abut male/female love not motherly / children love)
why wouldn't it be? We love others for various reasons and there is no reason to only Love one, ( these are societies restrictions)

You can also have love without sex (imagine an old married couple or a couple where one is sick )
and of course
sex without love
I assume you mean Muslims? Modern Koranic scholars tend to agree that plural marriage is forbidden in Islam because there is a requirement to treat each wife 100% equally. They argue that this can't be done in practice (because we're human and because people's needs are different so treating people equally is impossible) so Muslims should only have one wife. There are quite a few Muslim states that don't allow plural marriage because of this.

Many plural marriages in those that do are driven by necessity rather than love. I have a mate who married his dead brother's wife in Saudi Arabia as his second wife. He doesn't love her. He doesn't want anyone other than his first wife but if he didn't marry her - she would be unable to survive that sexist awful society on her own. So he gives her money, keeps her house for her, etc. but has never consummated the marriage.
I wonder if they love their husband or not?

PS: what is love?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

prahkeitouj wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:
You don't have to cheat on someone if you love more than one person. You just have to explain it to both of them and if they are cool with that - you're not cheating. Sometimes it's better to have a hard conversation than to avoid what you really want.
I just want to say that women have same feeling. No one can accept it. If they accept it , i believe it is fake. If my lover loves more than two girls at same time, i consider it is cheating then I'll let him go. But it's stupid to love more than one men at same time.

One man, one problem. Two men two problems.

I will give you the original version of that quote.

One lady,, One problem,

Two ladies ,, two problems,

No lady,, No problems.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Love or SeX

Post by prahkeitouj »

Duncan wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:
You don't have to cheat on someone if you love more than one person. You just have to explain it to both of them and if they are cool with that - you're not cheating. Sometimes it's better to have a hard conversation than to avoid what you really want.
I just want to say that women have same feeling. No one can accept it. If they accept it , i believe it is fake. If my lover loves more than two girls at same time, i consider it is cheating then I'll let him go. But it's stupid to love more than one men at same time.

One lady,, One problem,

No lady,, No problems.
That is old version. I use new version :-)
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Love or SeX

Post by Duncan »

prahkeitouj wrote:
Duncan wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:

One lady,, One problem,

No lady,, No problems.

That is old version. I use new version :-)

OK, you got one up on me this time.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

Duncan wrote: No lady,, No problems.
Bob Marley said it best.

No woman....No cry.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Love or SeX

Post by nemo »

You young people are most amusing.
Simple things should be- simple.
Last edited by nemo on Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Love or SeX

Post by Duncan »

nemo wrote:You young people are most amusing.

Thank-you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic