Cambodia - you make me laugh!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cambodia - you make me laugh!

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Gotta love those 2500 riel or 62c shops. They sell everything. And for only 2500r !

‘How much is meth?’ ’Everything’s 2,500!’
Another seemingly legitimate Phnom Penh business was being used for less-than-legal activities in Stung Meanchey commune as police arrested five for trafficking drugs at a 2,500-riel shop.

Villagers dropped the dime, informing cops there was more than just trinkets coming out of the minimart, and after a crackdown they confiscated six packages of drugs, paraphernalia and two motos.

Four men and one woman were taken into custody and the criminalised convenience store was shuttered.
Kampuchea Thmey
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

At least that load is covered lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

rozzieoz wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:20 am At least that load is covered lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that what they mean when they say ,,, '' covered by insurance ''.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

CPP village chiefs to stay put despite poll results

Interior Minister Sar Kheng wants village chiefs to remain in their positions. KT/Mai Vireak

Khmer Times/Khy Sovuthy Friday, 30 June 2017

CPP-appointed village chiefs will remain in their positions despite changes to commune control following recent polls, the Interior Minister has said.

Sar Kheng made the comments as he presided over the ceremony to appoint new Phnom Penh Governor Khuong Sreng at City Hall on Wednesday.

He argued that village chiefs, deputies and representatives are not political appointments and must continue doing their jobs, even in communes where the opposition CNRP is now in power.

Village chiefs and deputy village chiefs are appointed by commune councillors. Almost all are currently CPP supporters.

According to Mr Kheng, Interior Ministry rules from 2006 mean village chiefs can only be replaced when they resign of their own accord, die, or are proven to have made a mistake in office.

In light of the June 4 elections, the CPP is now in charge of 1,156 of 1,646 communes nationwide. The CNRP won 489 commune chief positions, while the Khmer National United Party received one.

Mr Kheng said commune chiefs must respect ministry rules on the appointment of village chiefs.

“New commune chiefs do not get to withdraw old village chiefs and select new people,” he said.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

Duncan wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:20 am CPP village chiefs to stay put despite poll results

Interior Minister Sar Kheng wants village chiefs to remain in their positions. KT/Mai Vireak

Khmer Times/Khy Sovuthy Friday, 30 June 2017

CPP-appointed village chiefs will remain in their positions despite changes to commune control following recent polls, the Interior Minister has said.

Sar Kheng made the comments as he presided over the ceremony to appoint new Phnom Penh Governor Khuong Sreng at City Hall on Wednesday.

He argued that village chiefs, deputies and representatives are not political appointments and must continue doing their jobs, even in communes where the opposition CNRP is now in power.

Village chiefs and deputy village chiefs are appointed by commune councillors. Almost all are currently CPP supporters.

According to Mr Kheng, Interior Ministry rules from 2006 mean village chiefs can only be replaced when they resign of their own accord, die, or are proven to have made a mistake in office.

In light of the June 4 elections, the CPP is now in charge of 1,156 of 1,646 communes nationwide. The CNRP won 489 commune chief positions, while the Khmer National United Party received one.

Mr Kheng said commune chiefs must respect ministry rules on the appointment of village chiefs.

“New commune chiefs do not get to withdraw old village chiefs and select new people,” he said.
Wrong section mate. This should be in the Cambodia you make me cry section. It's all quite unbelievable really. That is, untill you've lived here for a while.
See crook!!!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

AlonzoPartriz wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:48 am
Wrong section mate. This should be in the Cambodia you make me cry section. It's all quite unbelievable really. That is, untill you've lived here for a while.
In that case we would spend all our time crying. I'm with Duncan on this one, I prefer to laugh.
It's not just Cambodia, the whole world has become ridiculous. We live in ridiculous times. Cambodia is not so "special" anymore.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:52 pm
AlonzoPartriz wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:48 am
In that case we would spend all our time crying. I'm with Duncan on this one, I prefer to laugh.
It's not just Cambodia, the whole world has become ridiculous. We live in ridiculous times. Cambodia is not so "special" anymore.
Well yeah, I think you both know me well enough to know I always try to see the funny side of things. Well the bIzzarre and ridiculous side at least.
My comment was really about how far out of skew the CPP went this time. So the commune elections weren't worth the money HE was boasting about spending on them, and the electorate just lost a day's pay and have been inconvenienced for nothing.
I guess it should be looked upon as an indicator of the battle that's going on behind the scenes.
Glad they murdered less people before this year's commune elections as opposed to the 2006 ones, re today's old news.
See crook!!!
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

When you got to go you got to go.

(Taken from Facebook this morning)
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

Bar association will tutor police

http://www.khmertimeskh.com/5075195/bar ... or-police/

Interior Minister Sar Kheng yesterday met with the president of the Cambodian Bar Association and agreed to four suggestions made to help improve the administration of justice.
See crook!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic