Giant Ibis Bus, The Ride From Hell.

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Mr Cynical
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Giant Ibis Bus, The Ride From Hell.

Post by Mr Cynical »

Sin I agree your comments hit the nail on the head I think for most ex pats who live here.
As for the bus companies, try Mekong Express Mini Bus SHV - PP. Book early get the 1st row behind the driver, legroom ok and not bad drivers. They also sometimes use the back road behind the Brewery, which cuts down on time and never seems a problem since the road was resurfaced.

BTW, I am afraid that Highway 4 is not even in the Top 25 Most Dangerous Roads, so guess if Highway 4 frightens you maybe stay home more.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

my taxi driver is the queen

Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

bolueeleh wrote:my taxi driver is the queen

why does she look white?
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Roads rated as dangerous are usually in dangerous or mountain surroundings. Highway #4 is mostly flat so doesn't get on lists. Its a dangerous road because of the stoned/drunk container truck drivers, the idiots from PP going like a bat out of hell, slow motorbikes/tuk-tuks, cows, etc. Its very obvious why it is so accident prone and that's because there is no traffic enforcement. The cops could care less how many die on the road. Even Thailand 35 years ago wasn't as bad as Highway #4. BTW/ 25 years ago I took a Harley Singapore/Malaysia/Thailand for 5 months. Almost got offed several times, but riding a bike in Cambodia is retroactive-birthcontrol and asking to die.

Mr. C, do you actually drive Highway #4 to/from PP or is it your usual BS.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

i once saw a toyota rav4 hit an adult cow, rav4 front was totally smashed, cow walks off like a boss.
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
clippy
Expatriate

Post by clippy »

y'all should use highway #3 instead. great road, little traffic, except the takeo to PP bit. and you can have lunch in kampot
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic