move from Pattaya to Sihanoukville ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: move from Pattaya to Sihanoukville ?

Post by phuketrichard »

cpandrea wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:
obelisks wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:as a cyclist, go check out Kep ,
as long as u can make ur own entertainment its really nice

thanks Richard :)
maybe you are right and I will definitely go and check that place out soon. Should have done years ago.
P..S do you ever have the same feelings about Phuket as I do about pattaya and what keeps you living in Thailand?

NOPE; I love it here, got good friends, can fly wherever i wish, buy/ eat whatever and i am addicted to the sea and have my little route i use for my bicycle workouts.
Dont go to bars or out at night and Kamala is like a village
i moved to phuket in 85, went to the states in 97/98
back to Phuket, up to PP in 2008/09 and back to Phuket,
My khmer gf and i went to Cambodia with the car in 2012 with the intention to move back
spent 6 weeks looking everywhere ( Batt, Skv, SR, PP, Kampot, Kep) no where was as good as we have it here

We drove up to Kep in Nov and the gf has family there and we have some land, I liked it , but very quiet yet only 2 1/2 hours to PP for shopping
30 minutes to Kampot.
If, for whatever reason ( GF thai visa) we had to leave i'd move there
Hi richard
forgetting the missing sea and beach
why would you dont like SR ?
differences with phuket
I've lots for friends that live in sr and i enjoy my time there, Especially the temples BUT at $20/day i couldn't go as often as i like;
its a small town that just has way to many tourists ( yes i know i live in phuket but Kamala is nothing like SR)
Gets dam hot, Does have everything one needs to get by an rents are not out of line, just not somewhere i would want to live, everyone is different.

said it before if i had to move back to Cambodia it would be Kep cause of the sea :beer3:

I dont know what SinnS said cause all his post are on ignore, but am sure it was something to show off his intelligence, he is a child trying to be grown up and just has not quite gotten the hang of it yet.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

lol
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Post by bkktrapper »

Its clear trump has put a fight on pussys immigrans and feminazis.

Trump for president
ceiling cat is watching you masterbate
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

my mate lives in Pattaya and is making the move to sihanoukville in just over a month after numerous visits
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

Yea, despite Pattaya having the modern luxuries, it is far too westernised, overdeveloped and busy now.

Snookie is still far more 'exotic' , wild, adventurous.
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Post by bkktrapper »

shnoukieBRO wrote:Yea, despite Pattaya having the modern luxuries, it is far too westernised, overdeveloped and busy now.

Both places seem to be for freaks and alcoholics .

Victory is my favourite area can't wait to go there to pump YouTube videos turned up .
ceiling cat is watching you masterbate
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

bkktrapper wrote:
shnoukieBRO wrote:Yea, despite Pattaya having the modern luxuries, it is far too westernised, overdeveloped and busy now.

Victory is my favourite area can't wait to go there to pump YouTube videos turned up .

you can do that in pretty much any beer bar/hostess bar in Cambodia or Thailand :facepalm:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

the square is the place to be now anyway, 11 new bars and all the other bars (bar i think 1) is occupied, attracts a lot of people and a lot of new girls and has a pretty good atmosphere there now compared to the past few years must be a good 30-35 bars on the square now
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

70% will be for sale in july!

tell your mate from pattaya to not bother coming. its our place not theres!
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

bkktrapper wrote:

Victory is in Snookie.

So, which are you, a freak or an alcoholic?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic