Traffic Law Crackdown Starts Tuesday 15 March (Tomorrow)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Traffic Law Crackdown Starts Tuesday 15 March (Tomorrow)

Post by SinnSisamouth »

did they pull your honky arse over?
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

SinnSisamouth wrote:did they pull your honky arse over?
naa they never bother me, plus i was going in the opposite direction (into town)
i always drive around in a shirt/jacket, seems to be a police repellent :assasin:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Post by bkktrapper »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
SinnSisamouth wrote:did they pull your honky arse over?
naa they never bother me, plus i was going in the opposite direction (into town)
i always drive around in a shirt/jacket, seems to be a police repellent :assasin:
One trick I learned in SR on the way to the temples the same cops sit there day in day out.
When I was pulled over i gave him 5000 instead of the 3000 riel fine for no helmet and refused a receipt .
My bike had fake number plates on it and next time he pulled me over a week later he ask me about my plates and just laughed and let me go.
ceiling cat is watching you masterbate
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

you must be a hoot at parties with your enthralling anecdotes
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Exactly one year later:

Civil servants told: no helmet, penalties apply
Tuesday, 14 March 2017

Civil servants and factory workers will be required to wear helmets when riding their motorbikes to work under a government plan to stem traffic fatalities.

“We’ve set it as an internal rule for officials in state departments, workers at factories and staff at other participating institutes who ride a motorcycle to work,” Lt. Gen. Yan said.
“People have to respect the internal rules and orders of their respective employers. We have to do this in addition to existing traffic laws, to protect the public and reduce accidents,” he added.

He said the new rules, which were announced to staff last month, will be enforced by police inspecting those entering and exiting company grounds.

“We’ve also ordered all police officials who ride motorcycles to wear helmets. So all of us including the police, government and private firms will be making sure their employees wear helmets,” he said.

Cheav Bunrith, the director of the National Social Security Fund’s policy division, said he encouraged factory owners during a meeting late last month to incentivize those who donned a helmet when traveling to and from work.
“If a factory worker wears a helmet they will not have to pay to use their company’s parking lot, but if they don’t wear a helmet they will be charged 500 riel,” he said...
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/36427/ ... ies-apply/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:26 pm large group of police pulling people over in sihanoukville on the road leading out to don bosco school behind the big market, on the side of the road heading out towards the school
Omui/Mittapheap St, you mean. They hang around outside Lee's Meats, and that block works both ways. That judas lets them use his leccy and forecourt for their computers and printer. Although I did seem to be better off than everyone else in the queue, me not having road tax only cost $100, but the other barang with the gobby missus and the chinese guy both had to pony up $300. They have real police at that road block, the blue shirts have car park duty.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

how much is road tax for your vehicle?
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

cptrelentless wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:38 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:26 pm large group of police pulling people over in sihanoukville on the road leading out to don bosco school behind the big market, on the side of the road heading out towards the school
Omui/Mittapheap St, you mean. They hang around outside Lee's Meats, and that block works both ways. That judas lets them use his leccy and forecourt for their computers and printer. Although I did seem to be better off than everyone else in the queue, me not having road tax only cost $100, but the other barang with the gobby missus and the chinese guy both had to pony up $300. They have real police at that road block, the blue shirts have car park duty.
you paid $100 for not having tax? why?

ive been pulled over there a few times, no different to any other coppers ive come across, ive had them let me off after a chit chat with them
the cunts on the round about are the worst
although it is rare i ever get hassled
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Tax is $50 this year for big cars. I had the option of $50 to go free, and probably be done again as the kid's school is a few doors up, or mill around and get the tax as well.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

$100 to $300 fine for no road tax - that's hard to believe. But why would you not have road tax, do you also not have insurance? I used to avoid the cops in Snooky mostly by taking back roads. But I always had a licence and if caught without a helmet just made a joke and paid the minimum.
The fines are hardly onerous.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic