How Much Does a Good Night Out Cost You

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

How Much Does a Good Night Out Cost You

$5
No votes
$10
7%
$15
No votes
$20
20%
$30
13%
$40
No votes
$50 and above.
40%
$3000 (so the General can vote)
20%

Total votes: 15
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Re: How Much Does a Good Night Out Cost You

Post by TheGrinchSR »

juansweetpotato wrote:
Raybull wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote: Prices are fixed at most markets in Cambodia - Khmer numerals on everything. No need to argue.
WTF! What are you on about? Prices are the exception here and non existent for food items, unlike Thailand.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. If you take the time to check out the Honda websites for motos around the region, you'll find that it's only the Cambodian website that doesn't have RRP's.

As for the markets/ sellers etc I think Grinchy must have been suckin on some of those famous Thai nipples.

Once again my serious post about prices in Cambodia has been undermined by the very people who are being overcharged.

Back in the UK , when people were trying to get the poor a better deal. It was the poor who threw bricks at them.
Nothing new there then, As for the Grinch's views; there is IMO nothing worse than a social-climber. Take a look around you for f sake.
I do look around me. I see people who whine, moan and complain and then sit on their arses all day rather than trying to make a change. I see guys like you who think they are "special snowflakes" and shouldn't have to do anything to get ahead because "that's not who I am". Fine, it's not who you are and that's why you are a loser who whines about the cost of pineapples.

As for social climbing? I don't do that. I may have been to public school but my social circle is wide-ranging and involves very few people who also went to public school. What I also don't do is bitching and moaning about things outside of my control. If I want to make a change... I do something about it. You might want to try that - it's quite incredible how well that process works compared to doing fuck all.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

$3000 (so the General can vote) 1
Actually that's maybe not so hyperbolic. My mate reckons he spent 20,000 Pounds in Thailand in less than a month after working in Saudi for a year. It's a long story, but he mostly had a lot of fun. But as usual in these stories there is always an odd expression that comes over the tellers' face at the end of it.

Don't spend it all in one bar :thumb:

BTW how are ankles looking nowadays? Sexy huh?
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

juansweetpotato
Expatriate

They look so juicy! Don't they? Even better when they are cooked ala Chat farcies à l'ananas
Last edited by juansweetpotato on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

TheGrinchSR wrote:
Raybull wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote: Prices are fixed at most markets in Cambodia - Khmer numerals on everything. No need to argue.
WTF! What are you on about? Prices are the exception here and non existent for food items, unlike Thailand.
Look closer - food products are all priced.
Sure...in the papers.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Raybull wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:
Raybull wrote:
Look closer - food products are all priced.
Sure...in the papers.
If your talking about the English language daily's, those prices haven't changed since at least 2010. LMFAO

Come on , the guys obviously a bit of a chump. He says the Vietnamese on the whole are some of the most honest people to tourists he's met, and that the only place Cambodian's charge more for something, if you stick to your ground, is in Siem Reap market. He also thinks that anyone that comes to work in Cambodia as a teacher should be prepared to forgo any hospital treatment. Maybe the wealthy Khmer think that if a foreigner comes here to teach English they should die like their poor, but other countries actually respect foreigners for teaching. if not with their hearts at least with their wallets. The guy's a troll who ruined any chance of a decent debate. Should be a member of TOF. They love trolls, having a hard go at people and have no idea about money and it's worth either.
Last edited by juansweetpotato on Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: How Much Does a Good Night Out Cost You

Post by prahkeitouj »

Samouth wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:
Samouth wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:i spend about 10-15$. but last night 20$. so I don't go out often because it is very expensive for drink.
Well said.
If you go out on date, you shouldn't pay the money. lol
I don't mind if we share, but no man let me pay. :)
Lucky to be born as a woman. Lolz
Ok, just don't date with Rutiger then. :D
Hehehe.. No more dating. :-)
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Rutiger wrote:
Samouth wrote: Ok, just don't date with Rutiger then. :D
Oh, well. Apparently Jamie Lambo got there first anyway. :thumb:
Meeting, not dating.
Last edited by prahkeitouj on Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

prahkeitouj wrote:
Rutiger wrote:
Samouth wrote: Ok, just don't date with Rutiger then. :D
Oh, well. Apparently Jamie Lambo got there first anyway. :thumb:
Meting, not dating.
Mating, not dating?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯