2 Female Foreigners Get their Bag Snatched, Leading to a Motorbike Accident

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

2 Female Foreigners Get their Bag Snatched, Leading to a Motorbike Accident

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Sihanoukville, Cambodia: Sihanukville: Two foreign women were mugged for their bags and suffered injuries from a motorcycle accident that the muggers caused.

According to Facebook posts, this incident happened at 11:45am on March 4, 2016 on national road 4 at Ortapang village, Oknha Heng commune, Prey Nup district, Sihanuk province.

The 2 women were followed by the bag snatchers from town and were mugged outside of town.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: 2 Female Foreigners Get their Bag Snatched, Leading to a Motorbike Accident

Post by bolueeleh »

have anyone ever noticed that no matter how remote the location is, when ever accidents or events happens, locals always come running, be it what ever their intentions is. :roll:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

She's lucky the fashion police didn't get her first.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: 2 Female Foreigners Get their Bag Snatched, Leading to a Motorbike Accident

Post by General Mackevili »

bolueeleh wrote:have anyone ever noticed that no matter how remote the location is, when ever accidents or events happens, locals always come running, be it what ever their intentions is. :roll:
If I ever have an accident in Cambodia, I pray the locals don't touch me.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

Good old Shitsville... always guaranteed to beat Jamie's scoring system. +1 for Shitsville.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
CowshedCowboyRedux
Expatriate

Post by CowshedCowboyRedux »

TheGrinchSR wrote:Good old Shitsville... always guaranteed to beat Jamie's scoring system. +1 for Shitsville.
Chiang Mai lol. The oldest backbacker in town.
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

CowshedCowboyRedux wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:Good old Shitsville... always guaranteed to beat Jamie's scoring system. +1 for Shitsville.
Nice try. I've never owned a backpack. What peasant travels with luggage that a servant can't easily move for them? I hear a lot about backpackers in Chiang Mai but they don't seem to turn up in the volumes that Cambodia attracts - they appear to head straight to Pai nowadays without stopping. This may be because the price of a banana pancake has gone up dramatically in recent years.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
crummyjuggler
Expatriate

Post by crummyjuggler »

She's applying Tiger balm.
CowshedCowboyRedux
Expatriate

Post by CowshedCowboyRedux »

TheGrinchSR wrote:
Nice try. I've never owned a backpack. What peasant travels with luggage that a servant can't easily move for them? I hear a lot about backpackers in Chiang Mai but they don't seem to turn up in the volumes that Cambodia attracts - they appear to head straight to Pai nowadays without stopping. This may be because the price of a banana pancake has gone up dramatically in recent years.
Of course not, Siem Reap is geared up for them. However Chiang Mai being a University town unfortunately now ranks as the cheapest place for the crusties with a laptop to set up shop. Great shame. "Digital nomads" outpricing backpackers. :D
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

TheGrinchSR wrote:
Of course not, Siem Reap is geared up for them. However Chiang Mai being a University town unfortunately now ranks as the cheapest place for the crusties with a laptop to set up shop. Great shame. "Digital nomads" outpricing backpackers. :D
From what I've seen the Digital Nomad thing has peaked and is going into gentle decline too. The visa situation combined with the fact that everyone's already "been here and done it" on that scene is making Chiang Mai more a haven for broke expat retirees than anyone else. Me, I don't care. I'm renting a nicer place than in Cambodia for less money and my electricity bill has gone from $200-$400 a month to $50-$100 which is how it should be. This gives me more money to buy nice things instead of handing it to a landlord for them to buy nice things. Camera lenses are expensive and sadly, don't pay for themselves.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic