Orange Dragon

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Rutiger
Expatriate

Orange Dragon

Post by Rutiger »

Looking at old posts from this forum, I see "Orange Dragon" played a very prominent role in starting this site and used to post a lot but now doesn't post at all. What's the history there? Did he sell his stake to the other partner and move on? I clicked on his posted Twitter feed and saw he doesn't update that anymore either. In fact, there seems to be several previously hardcore CEO posters who don't post here anymore (looking at the top 5 by member post count). Maybe just 'forum burnout' or something. Or maybe the general nature of expats in Cambodia is to move on after a few years whereas they seem to hunker down for decades in Thailand (or used to, maybe that has been changing lately with visa changes, etc). Just my initial observation. I know some settle down and start families and stay in Cambodia long term too, but it doesn't seem near as many, percentage-wise.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Orange Dragon

Post by John Bingham »

He only lived here for a year or so and then returned to the states, I think he's lost interest in Cambodia now.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

yeah he went back home
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:yeah he went back home
Looking at his old posts before he left, he made it seem like a short term plan to raise some cash and then was going to settle permanently here with his new wife(?). Just wondering what went wrong with the plan. It interests me because I also sometimes get the same urge to go back and earn some dough and come back cashed up.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Rutiger wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:yeah he went back home
Looking at his old posts before he left, he made it seem like a short term plan to raise some cash and then was going to settle permanently here with his new wife(?). Just wondering what went wrong with the plan. It interests me because I also sometimes get the same urge to go back and earn some dough and come back cashed up.
it is nice to go and do it and engulf yourself in all the home comforts but the novelty soon wears off,
i think he had some trouble with another poster at some point last year, although i doubt that has anything to do with him not returning i think it was the last time he posted on here so dont really know much about his current situation, GM will most likely know
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Maybe he's got a different user name
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

It;s just a rumor but last i heard he got food poisoning by eating a dodgy home made pie then blew himself up with a big fire cracker, got busted in some kind of import business then just lost interest after KIR passed away. Just a rumor! :dm:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

He posts as gibbon_arms on K440 now.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

@ the OP. Are you sure your not him? I always figured you might be.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

juansweetpotato wrote:@ the OP. Are you sure your not him? I always figured you might be.
Don't think so. Haven't seen any wikipedia links or cut and pastes, yet.

:stir:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic