Orange Dragon

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Orange Dragon

Post by OrangeDragon »

Sheesh.... worse than a bunch of hairdressers... still. ;-)
To the OP the gen and I started it up, but then end up parting ways on it as life started getting a bit too complicated for me to give it the attention it needed. Also keeps me from posting, and living back in the US there isn't a whole lot relevant to the forums TO post. As for my plan, it was a good one; but life is what happens when you're making other plans. And has been happening. Not sure when, but I will be back to the kingdom someday for a visit, but right now my life has taken me in other directions. Good ones, just different. Probably going to "try" to travel Asia again next year for a while, this year I'm mostly focusing on travels to Europe.

For my old friends here... I do miss you guys (except cam nivag... he's a cunt) and hope all is well with everyone.
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

Yeah, life would be pretty boring if everything went as originally planned.

Many people seem to have a strong opinion about you, so you must have left some kind of impression on all of them. Cheers. :beer3:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I don't mean to probe into your personal affairs (though I obviously am), but did the relationship with the Cambodian woman you were seeing end? That seemed to be the only thing really keeping you attached to Cambodia in some way, so I can see how your interest would have drifted away from the place if it eventually didn't work out. Feel free to PM me if it's a touchy subject (or simply not answer). Either way, good luck in life.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

Long distance relationships die a slow death.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Rutiger wrote:Long distance relationships die a slow death.
I love the states but agter 10 days..... where as my 21 year old daughter in school and working at a vet clinic would never consider returning to the land of her birth.
Just tring to get her to visit is like pulling teeth :D

Ps, please excuse the spelling, which at best if times sucks. Not easy typing on a 6" tablet
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Rutiger wrote:Yeah, life would be pretty boring if everything went as originally planned.

Many people seem to have a strong opinion about you, so you must have left some kind of impression on all of them. Cheers. :beer3:
Yeah. He did.

"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:I don't mean to probe into your personal affairs (though I obviously am), but did the relationship with the Cambodian woman you were seeing end? That seemed to be the only thing really keeping you attached to Cambodia in some way, so I can see how your interest would have drifted away from the place if it eventually didn't work out. Feel free to PM me if it's a touchy subject (or simply not answer). Either way, good luck in life.

Hey, hey, don't pry into the man's personal affairs.

He found he other forum after doing some googling and running across my article "7 Reasons Why I Probably Shouldn't Marry a Cambodian Woman."

He told us he was thinking of getting married, and I specifically advised him:

"Slow down. Breathe. Long engagement."

No one listens to me. No one.

If people listened to me, everyone would be single forever and happy.
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

No one takes advice. Everyone gives advice but no one really takes advice from others.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

i do
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Cam Nivag wrote:
No one listens to me. No one.

If people listened to me, everyone would be single forever and happy.
I live my life by your 7 reasons articles.I have them framed around the flat like Mormon inspirational wall sayings.

It's me no one ever listens to. And unlike you, it's no joke.
Last edited by juansweetpotato on Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic