Orange Dragon

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Flexnez
Expatriate
Norway

Re: Orange Dragon

Post by Flexnez »

What happened with stroppychops?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Flexnez wrote:What happened with stroppychops?
No idea, he seemed quite keen on this forum for a bit. Probably busy doing something useful? 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

John Bingham wrote:
Flexnez wrote:What happened with stroppychops?
No idea, he seemed quite keen on this forum for a bit. Probably busy doing something useful? 8)
Like watching rice grow. I miss his input. He really held the rooms together; like a good rug.

Another crap joke. But yeah, he should come back. As should LTO, I miss ribbing him and he's also quite interesting.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

juansweetpotato wrote:@ the OP. Are you sure your not him? I always figured you might be.
No. I never met the guy. I don't know a thing about him other than a few dozens old posts I read. He seemed quite high strung about certain issues. I was just going over old CEO posts and was curious because he seemed to think at one point that he was going to permanently settle in Cambodia and get into agriculture of some sort and that idea has crossed my mind too as a simple retirement plan. Gentleman farmer kind of life, definitely not expecting income from that lifestyle. Most probably won't happen as the rural life surely isn't for everyone but it's a thought. He was obviously quite passionate about being here for however long that lasted.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

Yobbo wrote:It;s just a rumor but last i heard he got food poisoning by eating a dodgy home made pie then blew himself up with a big fire cracker, got busted in some kind of import business then just lost interest after KIR passed away. Just a rumor! :dm:
Lots of personal, inside-joke sounding references and probable sarcasm in that post with events which I am wholly unfamiliar. The big fire cracker incident sounds semi-amusing, though. :thumb:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

LoL, I've talked to the Dragon a bit earlier and he'll come update us.

He's been busy as hell in the US, so not sure exactly when he'll stop by.

We have a great group of members now, especially some new ones who I haven't even meet I real life yet, but of course I wish we had everyone, like Dragon, Stroppy, Soi Dog, Cambod.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Speaking of which, where is/what is soi dog up to?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

We never saw eye to eye and i think he was never cut out for asia.
Sold his shares???
Lol. More like flew away and left the gen, (who also does not live in se asai) , in charge

Many of the original posters went back to k440 and post there.
I am happy to post on both.
Now, when will someone start a myanmar forum?
Great country and love it here, at least as a tourist.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

phuketrichard wrote:We never saw eye to eye and i think he was never cut out for asia.
Sold his shares???
Lol. More like flew away and left the gen, (who also does not live in se asai) , in charge

Many of the original posters went back to k440 and post there.
I am happy to post on both.
Now, when will someone start a myanmar forum?
Great country and love it here, at least as a tourist.
Well until that happens can you start a Myanmar thread on CEO. I for one would be interested in things that happen there and also the situation on visa's.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Rutiger wrote: It interests me because I also sometimes get the same urge to go back and earn some dough and come back cashed up.
Shit's expensive in the US. Most people live paycheck to paycheck.

If your plan is "I'm going back home for a year and I'm going to make a jillion dollars then retire in Cambodia a year from now," well that's not a well thought out plan.
Last edited by Cam Nivag on Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic