Barjob for barang SV

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Barjob for barang SV

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

TheGrinchSR wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:i noticed the long 9 hour shifts
And 6 day weeks mate... that's (assuming it's February) 54 hours a week or 216 hours a month. In other months it's 224, 232 or even 240 hours for that $200... On the bright side they should be too drunk and tired to need food and accommodation, they can just kip on the beach in sack until it's time to start work again.
you do really have a really wrong outlook on Sihanoukville, if youre talking about Serendipity beach then yeah, the place is a dump and the scene at night is far from appealing,
but theres nothing wrong with the rest of SHV, even places like victory hill and the square are far more pleasant to drink than Street 51/GSM, 104 & 136, and the people who drink there are far more normal than the crowd them other streets draw
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:
And 6 day weeks mate... that's (assuming it's February) 54 hours a week or 216 hours a month. In other months it's 224, 232 or even 240 hours for that $200... On the bright side they should be too drunk and tired to need food and accommodation, they can just kip on the beach in sack until it's time to start work again.
you do really have a really wrong outlook on Sihanoukville, if youre talking about Serendipity beach then yeah, the place is a dump and the scene at night is far from appealing,
but theres nothing wrong with the rest of SHV, even places like victory hill and the square are far more pleasant to drink than Street 51/GSM, 104 & 136, and the people who drink there are far more normal than the crowd them other streets draw
Mate, I wouldn't move back to PP either. Tried it, wasn't impressed at all. Other than Siem Reap the only really nice city in Cambodia is Battambang and that's too quiet even for me to live there long-term. But are you telling me that working for 83 cents to 93 cents an hour is aspirational work? Because on $200 a month... I don't think anyone could seriously afford to live in Cambodia for any length of time other than a local and they wouldn't enjoy it very much either.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

TheGrinchSR wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:
Mate, I wouldn't move back to PP either. Tried it, wasn't impressed at all. Other than Siem Reap the only really nice city in Cambodia is Battambang and that's too quiet even for me to live there long-term. But are you telling me that working for 83 cents to 93 cents an hour is aspirational work? Because on $200 a month... I don't think anyone could seriously afford to live in Cambodia for any length of time other than a local and they wouldn't enjoy it very much either.
haha no the point you made about the job was very valid lol thats £140 in British Pounds, that is the equivalent of me laying 350 bricks! i can do that in a couple of hours one morning, i couldnt warrant getting paid that much for 240 hours work lol
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: RE: Re: Barjob for barang SV

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:
The square was awesome.

Wish there was something like it in Phnom Penh. I had a blast when we went there during the meet up.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

jamie , ill be your hoddie!
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

SinnSisamouth wrote:jamie , ill be your hoddie!
Hired ! :thumb:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

kiwiincambodia wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:
The square was awesome.

Wish there was something like it in Phnom Penh. I had a blast when we went there during the meet up.
:beer3: :thumb:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:
The square was awesome.

Definitely Sihanoukville +1 Lol.

OT: I think some people are missing the point about these underpaid bar jobs. They are not supposed to be a career move, just a way to make a few bucks while you're having a good time. Why not ? ( Up to to about the age of 30 it's all good experience.) I used to do this when I was young, but had already worked out that it would not be a good life plan. It's just a way of making your money go further - and working for a crust is more honorable than scamming, stealing or dealing surely ?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Anchor Moy wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:
The square was awesome.

Definitely Sihanoukville +1 Lol.
Sihanoukville 25 -16 Shitsville
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Post by bkktrapper »

Name of bar?
This is actually a good way to save money if you had savings or a good way of entering alcohol induced psycosis if you were broke.
ceiling cat is watching you masterbate
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic