Loans for expats?

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
jkindle
Tourist

Loans for expats?

Post by jkindle »

Are there any options for personal loans for expats who do have a job (with proper employment offers/contracts, etc)?

Called ANZ up already and they apparently only offer loans to Cambodian nationals.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Loans for expats?

Post by Duncan »

If it's a personal loan, what security would you offer a bank as collateral against the loan. Banks already know that many expats are here today and dead tomorrow.
If it's a housing loan, that's a difference story. I actually had a loan off ANZ Royal when they set up in Cambodia.
They , and other banks , wont give me a loan now as they don't loan to people over 60 years old.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
jkindle
Tourist

Post by jkindle »

I've already offered both expensive jewelry and my new motorbike title as collateral since I'm certain that I'll be able to pay it back in a month or two but they've stood firm on only offering loans to nationals.
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

jkindle wrote:I've already offered both expensive jewelry and my new motorbike title as collateral since I'm certain that I'll be able to pay it back in a month or two but they've stood firm on only offering loans to nationals.
Some larger Wing outlets have secured premises and may loan out funds if presented with a registered bike or gold that will assayed onsite.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

(Single/unmarried )Expats are too much of a flight-risk, whats to stop an expat getting a loan, hopping on the next plane home never to return.

Some banks do give loans to married foreign/local couples, but very strict criteria to be eligible.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

How long do you need it for? Plenty of pawn shops in town.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

I know a couple of Russians in Snookie who'd be happy to oblige. Only 7% interest, daily, and your kneecaps as surety for the loan. PM for details.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Lend me £10 and I'll buy you a drink.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Loans for expats?

Post by General Mackevili »

jkindle wrote:Are there any options for personal loans for expats who do have a job (with proper employment offers/contracts, etc)?

Called ANZ up already and they apparently only offer loans to Cambodian nationals.
I assume you need a big chunk of change, but I did know a broke-ass Barang who used to hand his passport over to some shop near the old market quite often, who would give him a loan of a couple hundred dollars until next month's paycheck.

That's all I got. Image
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Send me a PM with more details about how much you need and for how long and I'll try to direct you to a place.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic