Loans for expats?

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Loans for expats?

Post by Cam Nivag »

jkindle wrote:I've already offered both expensive jewelry and my new motorbike title as collateral

Perhaps you shouldn't have spent your March rent money on a new motorbike.

Also, I thought you already sold your diamond jewelry at the end of last month.
jkindle
Tourist

Post by jkindle »

Cam Nivag wrote:
jkindle wrote:I've already offered both expensive jewelry and my new motorbike title as collateral

Perhaps you shouldn't have spent your March rent money on a new motorbike.

Also, I thought you already sold your diamond jewelry at the end of last month.
Love how you can come up with such baseless assumptions.

Motorbike is less than 6 months, bought it for my last job, offered a better job but had to resolve documentation issues which delayed the start date of the job. I start in mid-March and first payday carries to the next month which means I don't get first paycheque until end of April. Workplace has already spent a lot helping me complete things such as a new passport for me and can't advance.
jkindle
Tourist

Post by jkindle »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Send me a PM with more details about how much you need and for how long and I'll try to direct you to a place.
Not sure if my PMs are getting through to you or not. Let me know.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

jkindle wrote: has already spent a lot helping me complete things such as a new passport for me and can't advance.
Wow...you obviously came here prepared didn't you!

If you can't even manage to sort your own pers admin (ie. Passport ,), then what makes you think a bank will loan you money!?
jkindle
Tourist

Post by jkindle »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
jkindle wrote: has already spent a lot helping me complete things such as a new passport for me and can't advance.
Wow...you obviously came here prepared didn't you!

If you can't even manage to sort your own pers admin (ie. Passport ,), then what makes you think a bank will loan you money!?
I've been here for over a year now and it had been expired for about a month, Canadian passports can be renewed anytime within 1 year. As I wasn't looking to travel anytime soon, there was no need to renew it right away. However, since I am now required to travel for work, they helped me renew my passport.

How would this make anyone ineligible for a loan?
Last edited by jkindle on Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

So your passport has been expired for a month? Given that visas are only issued up to a passport expiry date, you're probably an overstayer as well.
jkindle
Tourist

Post by jkindle »

I'm on a K-visa (can stay permanently) because my parents are Khmer.

It's interesting that everyone here loves to play online detective duty when all I'm asking for is a legal loan with more collateral than a passport to secure it. I didn't think that this made anyone suspicious, after all, has anyone here ever used a credit card...?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

To be honest, I can't imagine any legit place giving a loan to someone with an expired passport.

I know your visa is "valid," but doesn't it have to be accompanied by an active passport in order to be 100% valid?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

General Mackevili wrote:To be honest, I can't imagine any legit place giving a loan to someone with an expired passport.

I know your visa is "valid," but doesn't it have to be accompanied by an active passport in order to be 100% valid?
Of course it does, you can't have any visa without a passport.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
jkindle
Tourist

Post by jkindle »

jkindle wrote:Workplace has already spent a lot helping me complete things such as a new passport for me and can't advance.
My fault, I see where the confusion is now. I had some grammatical mistakes in my previous post, my passport was expired, it had already been renewed.

As for the visa and passport being valid, okay, maybe I was an "illegal resident" for a month then. Now can we go back on topic regarding the loans, please? Are there really no places to get "non-shady" loans for proper working people and not backpackers?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic