Sihanoukville Beach Businesses Given a Month To Move Out

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
gavinbrisbane
Expatriate

Re: Sihanoukville Beach Businesses Given a Month To Move Out

Post by gavinbrisbane »

Tammany =Tamnak Vang Chas Kompong Som
gavinbrisbane
Expatriate

Post by gavinbrisbane »

I understand the date is incorrect - I am revisiting that now....

gav :hattip:
gavinbrisbane
Expatriate

Post by gavinbrisbane »

To Clarify,

The 3rd of Feb is the "date of announcement", (??When the document was stamped or the order given??), but it is still 1 month from the 13th Feb to vacate....

but yes - 1 month from 13th Feb is the "vacate" date....

Apologies for any confusion....

Regards
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Did you translate that or get someone else to.

Either way we'll done.

Cheers.
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

Inevitable development. We all knew this was coming some day. It's surprising to me the SHV beach areas weren't fully developed years ago. Who knows if this is actually the final final or just another false start.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

gavinbrisbane wrote:A basic translation - please excuse errors, I am just forwarding it straight through, I have not even read the document though, but it should give you the general idea, if I had more time obviously I would do a better job of having the document translated.... the best I could do in a short period of time. (Considering I do not live there, in Cambodia, as yet);

"The administration commander of Sihanoukville would like to announce to the people who have have stores, trade or self employed on the public beach of Otress, Ocherteal (in front of Sokha Hotel) and at the Tammany Vang Chas Kompomg Som that: the National beach of development and Management of Cambodia and the Admin Commander committee need to rearrange, decorate and development the beach location in Sihanoukville. In order to to get easily on management and keep environment continuity of the announcement date 01 February 2012 on the development of beach location of Cambodia. As the result the Admin Commander committee of Sihanoukville would suggest to the people who have traded, stores or any self-employed on the three locations mentioned above have to take off those stores away from the public beach of within a month in hereinafter. If the stores are not move within the period about the Admin Commander committee will take off those stores without responding to any ruin.

The Admin Commander committee hopefully that those people will support and follow this announcement go on well and success."

mmmmmmmmmmm.....

I understand there are some problems with the translation, but kindly read between the lines if you can... apologies....

regards
Gav
Wow. Thanks for your efforts Gav. Good to see exactly what the notice says, as opposed to rumour and hearsay. The only point that isn't crystal clear from this is the exact beach locations targeted - Otres & Occheuteal ok, but does anyone know what area is covered by "Tammay Vang Chas" ? And that mention of Sokha Hotel is interesting. Funnily enough, they (Sville authorities?) have just finished the construction of a large paved area for vendors on the public end of Sokha Beach which starts a few metres from the shore line. Not sure what this means ? Anyway :popcorn: we'll see soon enough.
gavinbrisbane
Expatriate

Post by gavinbrisbane »

I can't give you an answer to some of those questions you ask, myself not being physically present, maybe someone else can?

regards

gav :hattip:
Mr Cynical
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Mr Cynical »

Sympathy for the businesses, but as the land belongs to the Government maybe they should, A, be taking the people that sold or leased them the land to court for Fraud, or B, going after the person they are paying the rent too, again fraud, unless in both cases they are Government Departments.
Regarding Sokha Beach. We have never been stopped from walking or swimming off the beach in front of the Sokha Hotel. I have seen issues when people want to use sunbeds toilets etc. without paying. These are probably the same people that walk into restaurants to use the bathroom without either asking or buying anything.
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

Mr Cynical wrote: Regarding Sokha Beach. We have never been stopped from walking or swimming off the beach in front of the Sokha Hotel. I have seen issues when people want to use sunbeds toilets etc. without paying. These are probably the same people that walk into restaurants to use the bathroom without either asking or buying anything.
This was years ago, but Sokha used to have a security guard posted at the end of their private beach physically stopping anyone from walking there from the adjoining, small public-access beach.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

To quote Winston Churchill after the North African campaign. This is not the beginning of the end but the end of the beginning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic