Sihanoukville: CINTRI Truck Was Turned Into Flame after Running into the Valley

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Sihanoukville: CINTRI Truck Was Turned Into Flame after Running into the Valley

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

CINTRI Truck Was Turned Into Flame after Running into the Valley

Sihanoukville: According to Koh Santepheap Daily News, there was an accident happened when the garbage truck of CINTRI Company ran into the valley and turned into flame. The accident happened around 12:30 pm on 14 Feb 2016 at Ou Tasek village Okhna Heng commune, Prey Nop district, Sihanoukville.

The accident caused by the garbage truck itself. It belongs to CINTRI Company. The accident happened at the dumpsite. The truck was almost entirely destroyed. The driver fled after the accident.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Raybull
Expatriate

Re: Sihanoukville: CINTRI Truck Was Turned Into Flame after Running into the Valley

Post by Raybull »

Job advert: Have 1/4 million $ truck, looking for cheap driver, 200$/mth. End result...
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Re: Sihanoukville: CINTRI Truck Was Turned Into Flame after Running into the Valley

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Raybull wrote:Job advert: Have 1/4 million $ truck, looking for cheap driver, 200$/mth. End result...
I have never seen any 1/4 million garbage truck in Cambodia and doubt I will ever see one.
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Barang_doa_slae wrote:
Raybull wrote:Job advert: Have 1/4 million $ truck, looking for cheap driver, 200$/mth. End result...
I have never seen any 1/4 million garbage truck in Cambodia and doubt I will ever see one.
Right it's probably lower, but just like new sub 100k$ LX570s, they however cost 220k$ here so that's what it's worth here. 1/4 mil$ is about the standard purchase price for a new non front loader. I guess the cost for their used ones would depend on Cintri's import and excise tax arrangement for such vehicle types, it would be pretty low compared to standard vehicles ie. Large trucks like Tundra have relatively low tax rates. There are ways for new companies to import tax free, not so sure if it's legally possible after 3 years for such companies.
Interestingly, Cintri is a pretty good exemple of the difficulty is operating, managing and turning a profit in countries like Cambodia. People pile and throw garbage everywhere and many don't pay, scavengers sort through it and scatter it all over, the company resorts to charging whatever which draws the ire of the ACU, etc. Is the parent Canadian company Cintec still even solvent? It'll be interesting if their contract is somehow dissolved to see if other companies would even risk entering the market as none did on the previous tender. The government also really needs to step up too and help them, they can't be expecting garbage truck workers to sweep and shovel garbage from all over the place.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

What the hell do Tundras have lower import taxes?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Raybull wrote:
Barang_doa_slae wrote:
Right it's probably lower, but just like new sub 100k$ LX570s, they however cost 220k$ here so that's what it's worth here. 1/4 mil$ is about the standard purchase price for a new non front loader. I guess the cost for their used ones would depend on Cintri's import and excise tax arrangement for such vehicle types, it would be pretty low compared to standard vehicles ie. Large trucks like Tundra have relatively low tax rates. There are ways for new companies to import tax free, not so sure if it's legally possible after 3 years for such companies.
Interestingly, Cintri is a pretty good exemple of the difficulty is operating, managing and turning a profit in countries like Cambodia

. People pile and throw garbage everywhere and many don't pay,

scavengers sort through it and scatter it all over,

the company resorts to charging whatever which draws the ire of the ACU, etc. Is the parent Canadian company Cintec still even solvent? It'll be interesting if their contract is somehow dissolved to see if other companies would even risk entering the market as none did on the previous tender. The government also really needs to step up too and help them, they can't be expecting garbage truck workers to sweep and shovel garbage from all over the place.
Rubbish is a pet hate of mine in Cambodia. If you are so unorganized that one cannot organize a system of rubbish collection , then what hope is there for organizing the running affair's of a country.
Yes, people will throw their garbage everywhere if there are no rubbish bins to put it in. I have noticed that when you do see a commercial size ''jumbo bin'' it is always being used and is full to over loaded. Waiting for a truck to take it away and replaced with a empty one, Empty one ??? what's that ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Duncan wrote:Yes, people will throw their garbage everywhere if there are no rubbish bins to put it in.
Wrong, people will throw their garbage everywhere even when right next to an empty rubbish bin.

I also see a lot of rubbish bins being completely overloaded because all the businesses in the area do not want to pay for rubbish collection.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

waiting for one of grinches funny anti shv comments.... haha
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Those CINTRI trucks are worn out imports, many donated by Korea/Japan etc.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

"And the driver fled the scene." Scared of a mob beatdown? At a dump? That must be a cut & paste. Same as it ever was.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic