Sihanoukville: CINTRI Truck Was Turned Into Flame after Running into the Valley

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Re: Sihanoukville: CINTRI Truck Was Turned Into Flame after Running into the Valley

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

The hotel owner down my street seemed upset that I was building higher than he had (same number of floors but downhill from me) so I suspect that he added an ugly elevator tower on top of his construction just to satisfy is ego that is a real eye sore when his original roof wasn't that bad (such elevator towers protuberant from a traditional roof are usually prohibited by developped countries construction rules).

To show my gratitude I will in return put my garbage storing place at the bottom of my land right opposite of him... Knowing the celerity of the Cintri collection teams, that will surely also be an enjoyable sight.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Sihanoukville: CINTRI Truck Was Turned Into Flame after Running into the Valley

Post by Anchor Moy »

Barang_doa_slae wrote: To show my gratitude I will in return put my garbage storing place at the bottom of my land right opposite of him... Knowing the celerity of the Cintri collection teams, that will surely also be an enjoyable sight.
Rotting shrimp heads are the best. :plus1: But then he will burn his plastic and some wet mulch outside next time you have some guests, or something along those lines. All out war with the neighbours can be hard going. Be prepared.
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:What the hell do Tundras have lower import taxes?
It's a similar arrangement as in Thailand for pick ups. Probably around 20-30% as oppossed to 122% here in Kh.Check 669mhh on facebook.
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

John Bingham wrote:Those CINTRI trucks are worn out imports, many donated by Korea/Japan etc.
Never heard of this, as for donations of military and fire trucks to the Gov sure, but Cintri was a private subsiduary of Quebec based Cintec Env. and bought their trucks back in the day. Not to sure about nowadays since there's been some changes within the management and the corporate structure.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: RE: Re: Sihanoukville: CINTRI Truck Was Turned Into Flame after Running into the Valley

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Raybull wrote:
It's a similar arrangement as in Thailand for pick ups. Probably around 20-30% as oppossed to 122% here in Kh.Check 669mhh on facebook.
Jesus, why? I wouldn't mind of they were used for their intended purposes by contractors, farmers and so on, but in reality they're just oversized bling cars that clog up the city's already tiny streets. The tax should be on both engine displacement AND size (year as well, of course). What a joke. Ate you sure? I though they were pricey. Who's the idiot who comes up with these formulas?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

hanno wrote:
Duncan wrote:Yes, people will throw their garbage everywhere if there are no rubbish bins to put it in.
Wrong, people will throw their garbage everywhere even when right next to an empty rubbish bin.

I also see a lot of rubbish bins being completely overloaded because all the businesses in the area do not want to pay for rubbish collection.
Is this the bin your talking about ?

I cannot see people throwing rubbish everywhere. They place it in one spot where Cintri should have a large bin.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Raybull
Expatriate

Re: RE: Re: Sihanoukville: CINTRI Truck Was Turned Into Flame after Running into the Valley

Post by Raybull »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:
Raybull wrote:
Jesus, why? I wouldn't mind of they were used for their intended purposes by contractors, farmers and so on, but in reality they're just oversized bling cars that clog up the city's already tiny streets. The tax should be on both engine displacement AND size (year as well, of course). What a joke. Ate you sure? I though they were pricey. Who's the idiot who comes up with these formulas?
Off the top of my head, Brand new V8 Tundras are around 70-80k$(Msrp 50-60k$), same engine as LX570 which sells for 220k$ (Msrp ~100k$)
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Raybull wrote:
John Bingham wrote:Those CINTRI trucks are worn out imports, many donated by Korea/Japan etc.
Never heard of this, as for donations of military and fire trucks to the Gov sure, but Cintri was a private subsiduary of Quebec based Cintec Env. and bought their trucks back in the day. Not to sure about nowadays since there's been some changes within the management and the corporate structure.
If not donated bought for the write off price... And Cintri must have custom excemption or very favorable rates if not.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Duncan wrote:
hanno wrote:
Duncan wrote:Yes, people will throw their garbage everywhere if there are no rubbish bins to put it in.
Wrong, people will throw their garbage everywhere even when right next to an empty rubbish bin.

I also see a lot of rubbish bins being completely overloaded because all the businesses in the area do not want to pay for rubbish collection.
Is this the bin your talking about ?

I cannot see people throwing rubbish everywhere. They place it in one spot where Cintri should have a large bin.

Does come with a bachelors degree though...
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Raybull wrote:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:
Raybull wrote:
Off the top of my head, Brand new V8 Tundras are around 70-80k$(Msrp 50-60k$), same engine as LX570 which sells for 220k$ (Msrp ~100k$)
I shouldn't participate in the thread derailment but damn I wish I currently had the means to import the new Ford Raptor.
It's new 3.5l v6 twin turbo would help keeping the import taxes within reasonable limits and the beast is as mean as they get.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic